Accounts Payable Associate
Posting # 2017-1218
Location US-WI-Eau Claire
Category Support Staff
Close Date 10/22/2017
FLSA Status Non-Exempt
Hourly Pay Rate/Salary Based on hourly staff, level 4: Starting rate of $15.46
Hours per Week 40
Work Schedule 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Monday - Friday. This position is customer-focused and may require the ability to adjust schedule to meet College, department and customer needs.
Anticipated Start Date As soon as possible
Overview and Responsibilities
Under the general direction of the Controller, the Accounts Payable Associate is responsible for accounts payable processing, vendor account contacts, accounts payable record maintenance, and other related duties. This position maintains financial information, files, and records for the purpose of ensuring availability of documentation and compliance with established policies and regulatory guidelines of the college. The Accounts Payable Associate has principal oversight of all invoices, disbursements, and the reconciliation of those entries within Accounts Payable.
- Utilize the Banner (ERP system) to enter and verify invoices for payment and produce accounts payable paper and electronic checks.
- Process payment of approved purchases in a timely and accurate manner.
- Research and resolve invoice discrepancies and issues.
- Organize and maintain paid invoice information in a user-friendly filing system.
- Verify prepared checks are matched to remittances, where required, and mail out.
- Provide year-end schedules for auditing purposes.
- Produce other checks (e.g., refunds & Foundation) needed by the college.
- Audit and reconcile electronic purchasing card statement monthly in accordance with established procurement and financial policies.
- Monitor vendor accounts to ensure payments are up to date.
- Complete Banner testing of the accounts payable module.
- Correspond with vendors and respond to inquiries.
- Send for W-9 forms for tax information as needed.
- Review and complete 1099 annual forms.
- Knowledge of general office and accounting principles and procedures.
- Knowledge of the purchase requisition and vendor payment cycle.
- Ability to keep an accurate filing system.
- Must be detail oriented in preparing and prioritizing large volumes of information.
- Ability to operate laser check printing.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Ability to model integrity through self-awareness, personal accountability, ethical behavior, quality standards, and sustainable practices.
- Ability to think critically by applying problem solving practices, acquiring relevant information, using technology and other resources appropriately, and evaluating alternatives.
- Ability to communicate effectively by speaking and writing clearly, concisely, and professionally; practicing active listening; reading critically and adapting communication for audience.
- Ability to value diversity by recognizing personal biases, adapting to culturally diverse situations, and demonstrating a commitment to equity, inclusion, and respectful interactions with persons of diverse ethnic, cultural, social-economic, or educational backgrounds.
- Intermediate knowledge of and skills with technology including software programs for communication, data collection, and decision making including, but not limited to, Microsoft Office Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Associate's degree in Accounting or related field.
- Minimum of two years of experience working in a fast-paced, high-transaction department; preferably in an accounts payable function.
As an equal opportunity/access employer and educator, CVTC is committed to creating and sustaining a diverse and inclusive environment. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Health and dental insurance for all family members
- Life and long-term disability insurance
- Wisconsin Retirement System (WRS)
- 403(B) tax deferred annuity program
- 457 deferred compensation plan
- Section 125 flexible spending accounts
- Paid vacation, holidays, personal and sick leave
Chippewa Valley Technical College (CVTC) is part of the Wisconsin Technical College System (WTCS) and serves an eleven-county area in west central Wisconsin. The largest campus is located in Eau Claire and includes a Business Education Center and Health Education Center, plus a Manufacturing Education Center at the Gateway Campus and an Emergency Service Education Center and Energy Education Center at the West Campus. CVTC has regional centers in Chippewa Falls, Menomonie, Neillsville and River Falls. The College is one of 16 WTCS colleges located throughout the state.
CVTC offers 66 programs, over 25 certificates, and customized training to an average of 140 businesses annually. CVTC has an outstanding placement rate, with 91% of CVTC graduates are employed within six months of graduation, with 88% in a related field.
CVTC has a nationally recognized faculty and state-of-the art facilities and equipment. Business and industry leaders serve on advisory committees and help CVTC match its curriculum to the needs of today's workplace. Courses are offered at numerous locations in traditional classroom settings, as well as online and in a variety of blended and hybrid formats.
Equal Opportunity/Access Employer and Educator
Chippewa Valley Technical College (CVTC) does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, or age in its employment, admissions, programs, or activities.
View Complete Equal Opportunity/Access Employer & Educator Statement at https://www.cvtc.edu/about-cvtc/equal-opportunity-college