Talent Acquisition Specialist
Requisition # 2017-8012
Department Human Resources
Category Human Resources
Date Posted 3 weeks ago
Full-Time / Part-Time Full-Time
Application Deadline 10/20/2017
Princeton University's Office of Human Resources (OHR) seeks a dynamic Talent Acquisition Specialist for a three year temporary assignment. We invite exceptional candidates who share our holistic and flexible approach focused on collaboration, accountability, and inclusiveness. This is an outstanding opportunity for a motivated individual to join our high performing team and contribute to transforming talent acquisition at Princeton University. This position performs a wide range of recruitment services in a high touch, high volume nonexempt recruiting environment to further the University's efforts to attract and hire exceptional employees who share Princeton's commitment to excellence and bring a diversity of viewpoints and cultures.
This position has a portfolio of nonexempt positions ranging from maintenance and service workers to office support representing the breadth of staff employed at Princeton.
- Participate in all phases of the recruitment cycle (source, screen, interview, assess, reference, document, select, offer, and close) for a high volume of nonexempt searches. Support senior talent acquisition specialists in similar activities for exempt level searches.
- Support University diversity and inclusion priorities by engaging in targeted outreach and other sourcing efforts to increase the diversity of candidate pools.
- Build and maintain relationships with hiring managers to develop an understanding of their business needs. Provide managers with resources to increase their effectiveness in making quality hiring decisions.
- Advise hiring managers throughout the search process on best practices, University policies and procedures, and a variety of related staffing and employment matters.
- Manage client expectations and maintain communication throughout the search process, utilizing a proactive, organized, service-oriented approach to recruitment-related activities.
- Manage a large network of potential internal and external candidates. Conduct screening, exploratory and referral interviews. Provide a positive candidate experience throughout the search process.
- Participate in Talent Acquisition and HR initiatives, projects, and trainings.
- Bachelor's degree and three years of relevant HR experience or equivalent combination of education and experience required
- Experience in high volume, full life cycle recruiting and talent acquisition with a focus on developing diverse candidate pools required
- Experience with behavioral based interviewing techniques and practices
- Experience managing pre-employment process (i.e. references, background checks, physicals)
- Experience with robust applicant tracking systems required, iCIMS experience preferred
- Familiarity with relevant employment laws and regulations required
- Excellent customer service, problem-solving, and relationship management skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Outstanding team player, collaborator, and contributor
- Excellent planning, project management, and/or organizational skills to be able to prioritize and multitask; results- and detail-oriented
- Ability to interact and communicate effectively with individuals from diverse backgrounds and at all levels of the organization
- Solid business acumen with understanding of and experience in a complex, matrix organization
- Superb judgment, decision making, critical thinking, and analytical skills
- Highly professional demeanor along with the demonstrated ability to use discretion regularly in handling confidential matters
- Proficiency with applicant tracking systems and MS Office
- Familiarity with employment visas (F-1, H-1)
- HRCI, SHRM or CUPA certification
- Experience in a unionized environment
- Knowledge of iCIMS and PeopleSoft HCM
- Proficiency in Spanish
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW
Standard Weekly Hours
Eligible for Overtime
Essential Services Personnel (see policy for detail)
Estimated Appointment End Date
Comments Related to End Date
Three year term appointment
Physical Capacity Exam Required
Connect With Us! Join our Talent Network to receive updates about working at Princeton.
Princeton University requires all candidates to complete a background check successfully prior to the start of employment. The type and extent of background checks may vary depending on job requirements and/or functions.
Go to our careers site.