Office of Professionalism Dir.
University of Colorado - School of Medicine
Office of Professionalism Director
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is a comprehensive urban research university serving more than 28,000 students in metropolitan Denver and online. We award nearly 4,000 degrees each year, including more graduate and professional degrees than any other Colorado public institution. With our solid academic reputation, award-winning faculty and renowned researchers, we offer 119 highly rated degree programs through 13 schools and colleges. The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is well known for its distinctive and highly productive research programs, its world-class health facilities at the Anschutz Medical Campus and its well-established partnerships in business, industry and government. These campuses currently have over $400 million in research awards each year. In addition to the wide array of health-related programs and facilities offered at our Anschutz Medical Campus, a significant number of undergraduate and graduate degree programs are taught at our comprehensive campus in the heart of downtown Denver. Denver is one of America's most vibrant urban centers and the downtown campus, located just steps from the Denver Center for Performing Arts and the LoDo District, affords our students, faculty and staff access to a broad array of academic, professional, community, recreational and cultural outlets.
The School of Medicine is searching for the Director of the Office of Professionalism. The Office of Professionalism provides a resource to obtain a fair and equitable process and resolution for all matters pertaining to professionalism concerns regarding students, residents, fellows, staff members, and faculty in any school or college on the Anschutz Medical Campus. The primary goal is to encourage and enhance an atmosphere of professionalism and also to help those who have been involved in an incident to return to being valued and productive members of the Anschutz Medical Campus community.
The Director will report directly to the Senior Associate Dean for Academic Affairs. This is an at-will position. The effort for this position will be negotiable.
- Serving as a safe and confidential (with limitations) resource for reporting information related to conflicts, disputes or mistreatment within the School of Medicine involving a faculty member, administrator, medical, physician assistant, physical therapy or graduate student, resident or clinical or post-doctoral fellow or staff matters, where there are also students, residents or faculty members involved.
- Providing coaching and advice to faculty and other members of the medical campus community to enhance an environment that values professionalism.
- Providing consultation and guidance to the dean and associate deans, program directors and other School of Medicine leaders with respect to learner mistreatment and other professionalism matters.
- Mediating between parties (which is confidential under Colorado law, with limited exceptions).
- Serving as an advisor to, and member of, the Faculty Professionalism Response Team and the Professionalism Coordinating Council, including attending Committee meetings, as needed.
- Referring to, and accepting referrals from, entities such as Human Resources, the Ombuds Office, hospital medical staffs, undergraduate and graduate medical education leaders, the Graduate School, department chairs and University Counsel to resolve conflicts.
- Serving as an advocate for fair and equitable treatment for School of Medicine faculty and learners and facilitating safe reporting of mistreatment or abuse.
- Providing supervisory oversight to other team members within the office.
- Advanced degree (e.g. MD, PhD, JD, etc.)
- Experience in a leadership position within a university, medical, community mental health or health care setting
- Current faculty appointment at the Assistant Professor, Associate Professor or Professor level or qualified to be hired at the Assistant Professor, Associate Professor or Professor level
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services.
The University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado strongly supports the principle of diversity. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
Special Instructions to Applicants:APPLICATION DEADLINE: Applications will be accepted until the position is filled, but full consideration will be given to complete applications received by October 11, 2017. Questions should be directed to Susan Martinez @ email@example.com.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:
Applications are accepted electronically at CU Careers, refer to requisition ID:11268
When applying, applicants must include:
- A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications
- A current Resume/CV
- The names, addresses, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses for three professional references, either attached to your resume/CV or uploaded as a separate document
Please do not submit any of your application material (via email) to the job posting contact.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20029 - SOM - Dean-School of Medicine
Posting Date: Sep 28, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Susan Martinez
Posting Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Number: 00659599