Administrative Support Coordinator (Non-Exempt), Recruitment #3161
Full-time, permanent (probationary) position.
Salary Range and Max Salary
The application deadline is: Thursday, October 12, 2017
The salary range for this classification is: $2,846 - $4,711.
The maximum salary budgeted for this position by the department is $2,846.
Conditions of Employment
The person holding this position is considered a `mandated reporter' under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
Due to the nature of this position, the successful candidate is required to complete a background check prior to assuming this position.
Campus Marketing Statement California State University, Dominguez Hills, was established in 1960 and is one of the 23 campuses that comprise The California State University system. CSU Dominguez Hills is an urban, comprehensive public university that serves a culturally rich, diverse student body of over 12,500 students at the undergraduate and graduate levels. Located on a 346-acre site in the South Bay portion of the greater Los Angeles metropolitan area, CSU Dominguez Hills has a highly pluralistic student body, which includes a significant number of non-traditional, working adult students as well as approximately 2,000 students enrolled in distance learning programs statewide. The University, with its five Academic Colleges, has more than 300 full-time faculty members and is situated in an area characterized by an extraordinary heterogeneity of people, and an extensive array of high technology industries and professional services.
Department Marketing Statement
Department: College of Health, Human Services, and Nursing - School of Nursing
The College of Health, Human Services, and Nursing is comprised of the following
departments: Child Development, Clinical Laboratory Sciences, Communication Sciences
and Disorders, Health Sciences, Human Services, Kinesiology, Marital and Family Therapy,
Occupational Therapy, Orthotics and Prosthetics, Social Work, and School of Nursing.
CHHSN offers degree and certificate program at both the undergraduate and graduate levels.
Major Duties Under the general supervision of the Director, School of Nursing, the incumbent's primary duties involve administrative support for the School of Nursing. Assignments and projects are varied and complex, involving coordination, prioritizing and monitoring through completion. The position requires the incumbent to work independently, communicate effectively and meet deadlines. The incumbent will utilize a full range of office support technology and systems to enter data, generate reports, and maintain databases. The incumbent determines the methods and procedures by which administrative work is to be accomplished, controls the work flow, establishes priorities and deadlines, and performs other related duties as assigned. Work often involves front line contacts with a variety of campus and community individuals requiring effective problem solving and interpersonal skills.
Required Education: High school program, technical/vocational program or its equivalent.
Required Experience: Three years of related office work experience.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
-Knowledge of pre-licensure and post-licensuer requirements
- Coordination of the clerical and administrative support functions for an academic, special program or administrative office, and/or performance of the full range of secretarial and administrative support functions for an individual administrative head or small to medium-sized group.
- Assignments and projects are varied and complex with longer work cycles. Administrative support projects often involve coordinating, prioritizing, and monitoring through their completion with accountability for end results and work performed by others.
- Day-to-day work is performed independently under general supervision. Work is supervised in terms of overall accomplishments. Own priorities and often those of other support staff are regularly set.
- Common and unique problems are addressed using reasoning and judgment and to develop practical, thorough, and creative solutions.
- Often involved in planning and coordinating work in the unit and/or providing lead work direction and/or training and assistance to others.
- Work involves addressing a wide range of problems which requires interpreting policies and procedures and using ingenuity to put information together in new ways.
- Contacts involve coordinating and working with individuals at all levels within the organization, and may include providing training to all levels in standard office procedures.
Experience to be fully functional in all technical aspects of work assignments.
- Thorough, detailed knowledge of applicable university infrastructure, policies, and procedures.
- Thorough knowledge of English grammar, punctuation, and spelling.
- Thorough knowledge of office systems and ability to use a broader range of technology, systems, and packages.
- Ability to independently handle multiple work unit priorities and projects.
- Ability to apply independently a wide variety of policies and procedures where specific guidelines may not exist.
- Working knowledge of budget policies and procedures.
- Ability to perform standard business math, such as calculate ratios and percentages, track financial data, and make simple projections.
- Ability to draft and compose correspondence and standard reports.
- Ability to handle effectively a broader range of interpersonal contacts, including those at a higher level and those sensitive in nature.
General office equipment including but not limited to telephones, copying machines, fax machines, scanners, and computers.
30% - Responsible for the appropriate and efficient day-to-day development and administration of policies and
procedures which may include but are not limited to the following:
- Welcoming and providing assistance to incoming visitors and directing them to the appropriate individuals for
- Answering, handling and directing all incoming telephone calls.
- Providing general administrative support such as typing, photocopying, maintaining files, and ordering
- Assisting with the maintenance of Foundation Accounts
- Processing faculty travel and reimbursement requests, and reimbursements for consultants, i.e. models and
30% - Responsible for the administration of policies and procedures related to the School of Nursing (SON) which
may include; but are not limited to the following:
- Using the PeopleSoft system to run reports pertaining to enrollment, student applications, satisfaction of the
- Coordinates the GWE testing and challenges exam for BSN and Political Science courses
- Oversees the PTE process for SON faculty
- Distributes materials such as brochures and information packets to students, faculty, and agencies
15% - Provides Special Project Support for SON such as, but not limited to:
- Assist with the planning and coordination of the MSN Pathway and PHN Certificate workshops
- Provides administrative support for graduation and Xi Theta events
- Provides clerical and administrative support for MSN culminating activity and accreditation processes.
15% - Responsible for providing lead work direction and training to Student Assistants and other support staff.
5% - Functions as the liaison between SON, the bookstore, and publishing companies. Assists in maintaining the
SON print materials and reviewing website.
- Distributes Course Adoption Forms to faculty for review before final submission to the bookstore
- Initiates requests with publishing companies via phone or email.
5% - Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor and/or administrator To Apply: http://www.csudh.edu/hr/job-opportunities/ To apply for this posting (Non-CSUDH Employees):
Step 1: Select and read the qualifications for the position you are interested in
Step 2: Click 'Apply Now' at the bottom of the screen
Step 3: Login or Register (Create Username and Password)
Step 4: Select apply with or without resume
Step 5: Provide contact information and answer required questions
Step 6: Click 'Submit'
California State University, Dominguez Hills, is an equal employment opportunity employer, and is strongly committed to achieving excellence through a diverse workforce. The University actively encourages applications of all qualified individuals.
California State University Dominguez Hills is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, or protected veteran status. For more information or definition of these terms please visit, http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/Supplement_English.pdf
Individuals with disabilities requesting accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) may call the Human Resources Office at (310) 243-3771 or the Academic Affairs Personnel Services Office at (310) 243-3766.
Clery Act crime statistics for CSUDH are available at http://www.csudh.edu/dhpd/dhpd.htm, or by calling University Police at (310) 243-3639.
Upon appointment all candidates must furnish proof of eligibility to work in the U.S.
The California State University is Smoke and Tobacco Free. Smoking, Vaping and other Tobacco use are Not Permitted anywhere on University property. Education Code 42356, CCR Title 5, Article 9