Assistant Professor of Medical Education (non-tenure track) - School of Medicine
The School of Medicine at Case Western Reserve University seeks applications for an Assistant Professor (non-tenure track) of Medical Education. This position includes two leadership positions within the M.D. program at Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine. These are 1) Director of Physical Diagnosis and Early Based Programs (Director of PD and PBP), WR2 Curriculum for the MD degree (0.40 FTE) and 2) Faculty Lead for Urban Health Pathway for medical students (0.10 FTE).
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Provide leadership and direction of the PD and PBP courses.
- Work closely with the Office of Curricular Affairs staff, according to the organization set out by the Associate Dean for Curriculum.
- Ensure that the PD and PBP courses meet LCME accreditation standards.
- Actively participate in remediation of students’ clinical skills.
- Recruit preceptors and coordinate faculty development.
- With the Mt. Sinai Clinical Skills Center Standardized Patient Trainer, coordinate the training of standardized patients to assess students’ clinical skills for the clinical exams.
- Engage in scholarship both locally and nationally in the form of publications and/or presentations.
- Convene a faculty advisory committee to plan and implement a core curriculum for the Urban Health pathway
- Oversee a recruitment and selection process for participating students in the Urban Health pathway
- Facilitate the student’s individually designed project in urban health
- Report on outcomes of the pathway to the dean and vice dean for medical education
Qualifications: Applicants must be eligible for or hold a current School of Medicine faculty appointment.
Education: MD or DO or equivalent degree.
Required experience: Knowledge of urban health and community health. Evidence of commitment to teaching, an interest in medical education and curriculum design, continuous quality improvement skills and good communication, teamwork, and organizational skills.
Preferred experience: Experience in urban and community health practice. Prior teaching in a physical diagnosis and/or PBP curriculum is strongly preferred.
How to Apply: Applications should include a letter of intent, curriculum vitae, and the names and contact details of three professional references. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled, with review of applications to begin on November 9, 2017. Please mail applications to firstname.lastname@example.org.
In employment, as in education, Case Western Reserve University is committed to Equal Opportunity and Diversity. Women, veterans, members of underrepresented minority groups, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Case Western Reserve University provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. Applicants requiring a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact the Office of Inclusion, Diversity and Equal Opportunity at 216-368-8877 to request a reasonable accommodation. Determinations as to granting reasonable accommodations for any applicant will be made on a case-by-case basis.
Apply for Assistant Professor of Medical Education (non-tenure track) - School of Medicine
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly