Director of Enterprise Engagement
Note: This job announcement has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties and responsibilities required or assigned to an employee in this position.
Director of Enterprise Engagement
The Director of Enterprise Engagement will collaborate closely with faculty, staff, and students in developing, implementing and supporting an educational technology plan and help articulate a vision for the application of technology in teaching and learning that align with the College’s strategic plan and academic priorities. This position also provides vision and management for the College’s engagement projects, event management, audio-visual services, and identification/passport card generation. The position requires collaboration with faculty and staff in drafting training programs and instructional technology support including web-based and interactive video-based courses.
Work is performed under the administrative supervision of the Vice President & CIO with a broad latitude for initiative and independent judgment. As a member of the Spelman Technology Services (STS) division this positions strives to ensure consistency in its communication, actions, its strategic focus and digitalization and innovation. This position is also responsible for supporting the mission of Spelman College by delivering technology, services, solutions and guidance to Spelman faculty, staff, students and the community in a professional. Exemplary, service-oriented collaborative manner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serves as the Learning Management Systems (LMS) administrator and coordinates technical support
and resource management for LMS.
- Manages and ensures the efficient operations of engagement projects, event management, audio-visual services, and identification/passport card generation. Establishes an environment that encourages the creative and independent use of instructional technology by faculty for students throughout the College.
- Works collaboratively with faculty and staff in drafting training programs and instructional technology support including web-based and interactive video-based courses.
- Follows College Technology Plan, Acceptable Use Policy, copyright laws, and technology guidelines.
- Researches new and emerging technologies, software and hardware solutions, and grant opportunities, in keeping with the College technology plan and pedagogical goals, providing this information to the Educational Technology Committee, Provost, and I/T staff.
- Supports faculty in planning for the use and integration of technology in the curriculum.
- Provides the project management and oversight for departmental and system-wide projects requiring analysis, feasibility studies, code development, implementation, maintenance, process/procedure development, and planning.
- Directs the delivery of training for faculty and staff in the use of hardware and software applications.
- May provide recommendations regarding forecasting and budget decisions related to technology to assist in the provision of a well-chosen and up to date collection of technology materials and equipment.
- Participates in technology-related professional development opportunities including self-study, workshops, and conferences on College, state, and national levels, as approved by the VP and CIO.
Has indirect budget accountability for approximately $200K
Provides supervision of the Enterprise Engagement Team – Enterprise Media Services (Audio-Visual), Instructional Tech and Design, Enterprise Engagement.
Education and/or Experience:
MA degree in the area of technology or business preferred. Bachelor’s degree required with a minimum of eight years of progressive experience in instructional technology, learning management systems, and/or project management or an equivalent combination of education. Prior supervisory experience required. A strong record of exemplary strategic planning and budget management skills preferred, along with managing large and complex project initiatives. Demonstrated successful experience in implementation, testing, and administrator training required. This position requires a person with a comprehensive and broad knowledge of complex information systems and the application of these in a higher education environment. This position requires a conscientious professional ready and open to change. Must possess sound knowledge of industry best practices and I.T.I.L. framework
Must be driven by the desire to offer quality services to the faculty, staff, and students, in a timely and efficient manner. Expert knowledge of recent industry trends and standards and future directions of technology in the learning environment, and ability to effectively advocate for new ideas. Experience in, and knowledge of, trends in the fields of art and design are highly desirable.
Must be able to establish and maintain a strong collaborative relationship with students, faculty, staff and other constituents with diverse and often competing priorities. Must possess excellent written and oral communication skills and demonstrate a high degree of professionalism and diplomacy. Must possess the ability to develop and negotiate contracts with vendors in support of the College’s educational technology needs. Must display excellent administrative, organizational, and time management skills while operating in a fast-paced environment. Must possess a strong work ethic and ready to work extremely hard executing strategic plans. Self-motivated, positive attitude, mature personality, and being oriented are also necessary for success in this position. Significant independent action and judgment skills are required to handle complex activities and decisions. Ability to plan, direct and evaluate staff and information technology resources. Must have a team-oriented focus. Ability to conduct extensive research for the purpose of problem-solving and situation analysis.
To perform this job successfully, the incumbent must be able to perform intermediate skills using the Microsoft Office Suite.
Qualified individuals are encouraged to visit our website and apply via our online application: www.spelman.edu. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package and a campus environment filled with unique opportunities and experiences.
Spelman College is an EOE/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Title IX Employer and we participate in E-Verify.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE