Adjunct Faculty - Mechanical Engineering (Part-Time)
POSITION: Adjunct Faculty – Mechanical Engineering (Part-Time)
LOCATION: Baker of Jackson
AVAILABLE TO: All applicants
Baker College Professional Services, Inc. seeks to hire individuals to be assigned to the positions of ADJUNCT FACULTY – MECHANICAL ENGINEERING (PART-TIME) for the benefit of and to be located at Baker of Jackson.
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES:
The primary purpose of the Part-Time Adjunct Faculty person is to teach courses in areas of their expertise.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Mechanical Engineering: Master degree required from an accredited college or university in related area with relevant coursework, industry or teaching experience. The duration, as well as breadth and depth, of professional experience are considered. Doctoral degree from an accredited college or university in related area preferred.
- Previous teaching experience preferred
- Must be computer literate with Microsoft Office Suite, Google Apps, and the Internet
- Must have excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Must have the ability to teach daytime, evening, and weekend classes for the above courses
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Teach a specified number of classes
- Revise, review and/or develop curriculum, as needed
- Complete all required professional development/training
- Collect and submit required assessment of student learning data
- Participate in appropriate campus and system committees, meetings, projects, and activities
- Other duties as assigned
WORK SCHEDULE: Varies by course section
REPORTS TO: Program Directors
STARTING DATE: Spring 2018 – January 8, 2018
COMPENSATION: Compensation based on education and existing rates for similar positions within Baker College Professional Services, Inc.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Please submit cover letter and resume via email only by October 23, 2017 in care of:
Baker College Professional Services, Inc.-JK
Human Resource Department
Baker of Jackson’s combined Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available to anyone. This report is required by federal law and contains policy statements and three years’ worth of crime statistics for the school. This report is available online at https://my.baker.edu/icsfileserver/docs/departments/dept-info/campus-safety/annual-security-reports/Security-Report-JA.pdf. You may also request a paper copy from the Baker of Jackson Campus Safety office.