Requisition # 2017-7994
Department Facilities Fin & Admin Srvcs
Category Financial Services and Procurement
Date Posted 1 month ago
Full-Time / Part-Time Full-Time
The Procurement Analyst (PA) provides sourcing and procurement support for design, construction and related services primarily to other staff within the Facilities Procurement Office (FPO), but will interface with other departments within Facilities. The PA is responsible for processing small, transactional purchases which includes ensuring requisitions and purchase orders are compliant with University policy.
The PA is responsible for interfacing with systems and resolving issues that are escalated by FPO staff and other Facilities departments that are related, but not limited, to supplier onboarding, insurance certificate review, and supplier payments. The PA suggests and works with FPO Staff on process improvements to enhance the procurement process.
The successful candidate will possess the skills to interface with various Facilities and University systems and collaborate effectively with suppliers as well as with colleagues within FPO, Facilities and across the University.
This is a three year term, benefits eligible position.
- Collaborate with FPO staff and Facilities partners to ensure requisitions, release orders, construction orders and payments are transacted efficiently and effectively. Approximately 1000 release orders and construction orders are issued on an annual basis valued at $7.5M.
- Draft non-complex contract amendments and change orders.
- Collaborate with Facilities and other campus stakeholders to provide guidance and direction to ensure compliance issues are understood and resolved.
- Provide contract administration support to the FPO team in the following areas: supplier onboarding, insurance requirements compliance, contract closeout.
- Interface with and manage various databases and document retention systems; run reports, analyze data, collaborate with FPO and Facilities staff to identify and participate in the development of process improvements which increase the effectiveness and efficiency of the procurement process, and communicate insights into common and recurring issues in order to leverage resources appropriately.
- Support and enhance the University's sustainability and supplier diversity initiatives and objectives.
- Associate's Degree in business or relevant discipline.
- One to three years' experience in a relevant business position.
- Demonstrated excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong organization and problem solving skills; detail-oriented.
- Ability to collaborate with other team members and/or departments.
- Analytical and critical thinking skills necessary to drive process improvements.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Excellent skills with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Bachelor's Degree.
- Experience with contracts and understanding of terms and conditions.
- Experience with systems employed by the Facilities Procurement Office: Maximo, OnBase, PeopleSoft, SharePoint, Jaegger (SciQuest) Total Supplier Management (TSM).
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW
Standard Weekly Hours
Eligible for Overtime
Essential Services Personnel (see policy for detail)
Estimated Appointment End Date
Physical Capacity Exam Required
Connect With Us! Join our Talent Network to receive updates about working at Princeton.
Princeton University requires all candidates to complete a background check successfully prior to the start of employment. The type and extent of background checks may vary depending on job requirements and/or functions.
Go to our careers site.