Research Specialist I
Requisition # 2017-8008
Department Princeton Neuroscience Inst
Category Research and Laboratory
Date Posted 4 weeks ago
Full-Time / Part-Time Full-Time
The lab of Prof. Sebastian Seung in the Princeton Neuroscience Institute and the Computer Science Department at Princeton University is seeking a full-time research assistant whose responsibilities will include the creation and maintenance of computational tools for neural circuit reconstruction.
The position will begin immediately. Applications should include a cover letter, CV, and list of three references. Review of applications will continue until the position is filled. This is a one-year term position with the possibility of extension contingent upon satisfactory performance and continued funding.
- The creation and maintenance of computational tools for neural circuit reconstruction.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field.
- Knowledge of some core programming language such as C++, Java, Python.
- Strong desire to learn new technologies, and articulate and strong communication skills.
- Willing to expand skillset on the job, as new requirements are defined.
- The successful applicant will be an energetic, self-directed learner with strong programming abilities and proven capability to work independently.
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW
Standard Weekly Hours
Eligible for Overtime
Essential Services Personnel (see policy for detail)
Comments Related to End Date
One year term position, with the possibility of renewal based on satisfactory performance and funding.
Physical Capacity Exam Required
Valid Driver's License Required
Connect With Us! Join our Talent Network to receive updates about working at Princeton.
Princeton University requires all candidates to complete a background check successfully prior to the start of employment. The type and extent of background checks may vary depending on job requirements and/or functions.
Go to our careers site.