Assistant Director of Annual Giving
Vacancy Number: S00625
Working Title: Assistant Director of Annual Giving
Career Band Title: University Program Specialist
Location of Workplace: Main UNCW Campus
Competency Level: Journey
Essential functions of this position:
The Assistant Director of Annual Giving will provide overall assistance in managing comprehensive fundraising programs.
1) Fundraising: the Assistant Director of Annual Giving will assist the Director in development and execution of all annual fundraising efforts. The major avenues of fundraising that the Assistant Director will help manage are:
• Electronic Initiatives: assist the Director of Annual Giving with developing, creating and implementing online initiatives to solicit and/or steward any or all constituents. These include but are not limited to: Online Giving, Email Solicitations, Crowdfunding, One-Day Giving Challenges, digital ads and other emerging technologies
• Phonathon: assist the Director of Annual Giving with management of daily phonathon activities and provide recommendations when necessary.
• Direct Mail: assist the Director of Annual Giving with drafting, editing and producing direct mail appeals, including but not limited to segmented letters for alumni, parents, friends, reminders and giving societies
2) Campaign Management: Under the guidance and direction of the Director, the Assistant Director of Annual Giving will provide overall management for campaigns with a special focus on using emerging technologies and giving tactics that help increase alumni participation. Duties will include developing a comprehensive schedule to include marketing, awareness, developing appropriate solicitation pieces, establishing campaign goals and tracking progress.
3) Office Management: the Assistant Director of Annual Giving will assist the Director in overall management of Office of Annual Giving, including but not limited to: budgeting, events, research, vendors, annual giving clubs, electronic initiatives, direct mail, etc., and will be responsible for specific annual fundraising goals.
4) Supervision/Volunteer Management: the Assistant Director of Annual Giving will hold a key role in the overall management of student worker(s), intern(s) and volunteers. This may include tracking and approving hours worked and building a peer-to-peer network of volunteers, collaborating with campus partners.
N.C. Minimum Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
Bachelor’s degree and one year of experience related to the area of assignment; or equivalent combination of training and experience. All degrees must be received from appropriately accredited institutions.
Additional knowledge, skills, and abilities required to perform the essential functions of the position:
Experience with Blackbaud services and products is preferred (Raiser’s Edge, NetCommunity)
MS Word, Excel and Power Point Required
Preferred education, professional skills and experience:
2- 3 years of fundraising experience
Experience working with volunteers
Marketing or promotional experience with emphasis on 21-30 demographic
Knowledge of Raiser’s Edge; Adobe Photoshop; Blackbaud NetCommunity Grow, Blackbaud Target Analytics Select Survey; iContact; a plus
Recruitment Range: $45,000 to $49,000
NC Salary Grade Equivalency: 70
Hours Per Week: 1.0 (40 hours per week)
Months Per Year: 12 Months
Work Days: Monday - Friday
Work Hours: 8:00AM – 5:00PM
Position Number: 7618
Job Posting Date: 09/28/2017
Posting Close Date: 10/27/2017
PLEASE NOTE: To receive full consideration, please be sure you have fully completed the entire application before you apply for this position. Failure to answer all required questions will cause the system to disqualify your application. Due to the high interest in positions at UNCW, we are happy to answer any questions you may have regarding the position if selected for an interview. Thank you in advance for your understanding.
You will be required to attach a cover letter and resume to successfully apply for this position. To receive full consideration, please be sure you have completed the ‘Work History’ section of the application before you apply for this position.
For more info/to apply visit http://jobs.uncw.edu. Applications must be submitted through the online application system to be considered.
This position is being recruited at the Journey level. If no applicants apply who meet the required competency and training & experience requirements, then management may consider other applicants. Salary would be determined based on competencies, equity, budget, and market considerations.
UNC Wilmington actively fosters a diverse and inclusive working and learning environment and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified persons from all racial, ethnic or other minority groups, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.