Under limited supervision, the Admissions Manager is responsible for the direct management of the admissions department, to include all Admissions Officers and administrative support staff. The Admissions Manager is also responsible for all associated new student recruitment, enrollment and operational activities. The Admissions Manager is a member of the campus' management team and serves as a liaison with the campus' other departments. This position works with campus leadership to manage new student enrollment and ensure that the admissions function performs at an optimal level.
- Manage admissions staff toward becoming a team that provides excellent service to prospective and newly enrolled students.
- Actively participate in all aspects of the new student recruitment and enrollment process to include assisting Admissions Officers as well as personally handling recruitment/enrollment of students.
- Ensure all new student inquiries and applications are accurately entered into the University's Student Information System in a timely manner.
- Oversee the hiring and training of new Admissions Officers and administrative support staff.
- Ensure University admissions standards and ethical expectations are communicated to new employees and upheld at all times.
- Foster an environment of cooperation and teamwork among Admissions Officers and all campus departments.
- Enforce all policies relating to the acceptance and subsequent registration process of new students entering the University.
- Work with campus leadership team to schedule new student orientation and online orientation sessions as well as implement other campus directives.
- Partner with other departments as necessary to finalize enrollment process, including SAS, SFS, Academics, and the University Registrar's Office.
- Adhere to all University policies and procedures and federal, state, and accrediting agency rules with respect to recruitment.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent required.
- Demonstrated management experience including the ability to motivate and lead a team in a fast-paced, service-driven environment is highly preferred.
- 2-5 years proven customer service, admissions or successful sales experience required
- Must be able to make strategic business decisions and delegate responsibilities appropriately within a team.
- Must possess strong leadership, coaching, and interpersonal skills as well as the ability to think independently and take initiative to proactively solve problems.
- Must be detail-oriented and have a focus on achieving optimum levels of service, and maintaining high ethical standards and attention to compliance with University policies and regulations.
- Must possess the initiative and determination necessary to provide valuable and timely services to prospective and newly enrolling students
- Exceptional phone, email, written and oral communication, customer service and organizational skills
- Must be able to travel 10 % of time
- Must be able to lift 10 lbs.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete our application process, please contact our Human Resources Department at Careers@strayer.edu.
Strayer University is an equal opportunity employer and employs qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other classification proscribed under applicable law.