Academic Advisor / Student Success Coach
Academic Advisor / Student Success Coach (2)
Academic Advisor/Student Success Coach
Academic Advising Center
Full Benefits Package
September 28, 2017
This position will remain open until filled.
The Academic Advisor/Student Success Coach provided a broad range of academic, personal, and career counseling services to facilitate the development of students entering and progressing through the University’s diverse and sundry programs.
- Assist students with registration: provide guidance in course selection in keeping with the student’s interests, values and abilities.
- Assist students in setting and achieving academic goals.
- Coordinate counseling and other initiatives for students on warning, probation, and suspension, under the director of supervisor.
- Discuss options to satisfy degree requirements, program admission, etc.
- Advise students of available support programs and services.
- Participate in college-wide and service area activities and events that promote the growth of the university.
- Assess student needs and refer students to appropriate resources and personnel as necessary.
- Maintain student records of all advising and coaching activities.
- Submit periodic activity reports to the Director of Academic Advising or Office of the Provost/Vice President for Academic Affairs, as requested.
- Preforms other job-related duties as assigned in support of the University’s goals and core values.
Bachelor’s degree in counseling, education, or related field; one year of academic advising experience; exceptional customer service skills; exceptional computer skills to include MS office 365; and use of data management systems; ability to think critically and creatively. Any equivalent combination of experience and /or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved. Master’s degree preferred.; exceptional computer skills to include MS office 365; and
Position may require lifting, walking, squatting, and able to lift a minimum of 25 pounds. Ability to cope and thrive in a robust, active environment requiring great attention to detail.
Send Applications, Resume, Transcripts and Three Letters of Recommendations to:
Saint Augustine’s University
Office of Human Resources
1315 Oakwood Avenue
Raleigh, NC 27610-2298
Notices and Disclaimers
Saint Augustine’s University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We invite applications from individuals of all ethnic origins, disabled persons, and veterans.
No Phone Calls Please.