Survey and Assessment Coordinator
UNC Asheville offers a small-college setting in one of the most scenic areas of the country. Our beautiful location provides the backdrop for career-minded professionals who value work and life balance. UNC Asheville employees embrace and reflect the university's core values of diversity and inclusion, innovation and sustainability as we build a respectful, vibrant, responsible and inclusive campus community.This position helps coordinate planning and assessment activities in the Office of Institutional Research, Effectiveness and Planning. Primary duties include: (1) facilitating engagement in and providing support for the assessment activities of all academic degree programs, the University's general education curriculum, and administrative departments (e.g. conducting individualized consultations with faculty and departments to brainstorm, design, and implement evidence-based assessment to and pedagogical practices that improve student learning outcomes and departmental effectiveness, coordinating juried assessment of student work, and proctoring standardized tests); (2) design, administration, and analysis of institutional surveys; and (3) responding to data requests by offices on campus and outside organizations.Desired applicants will have:
- A master's degree in higher education or related discipline. Alternatively, a bachelor's degree and two-three years of experience in higher education (preferably institutional research, faculty development, institutional effectiveness, or related experience).
- Working knowledge of the literature on learner-centered assessment and evaluation, general education, rubrics as an assessment tool, and high impact educational practices.
- Demonstrated experience successfully executing a large-scale project, from conceptualization through completion.
- Ability to take direction, assume increasingly independent responsibility, and provide appropriate follow up on project-based work.
- Strong analytical, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a collaborative environment.
- Experience with designing, administering, and reporting on data from surveys.
- Knowledge of social science research methods.
- Experience with curriculum or instructional design.
- Experience using and manipulating data, including experience working with statistical analysis (e.g., SPSS, SAS) and/or database (e.g., Access, SQL Server) software applications.
- Experience providing program accreditation support (e.g., AACSB, CAEP, SACCOC) in a higher education setting.
Learn more about this vacancy, and apply online at http://jobs.unca.edu/. Applications accepted through October 23, 2017.UNC Asheville is committed to equality and diversity of experiences for our students, applicants and employees. Qualified individuals are encouraged to apply regardless of socio-economic status, gender expression, gender and sexual identity, culture, and ideological beliefs. UNC Asheville is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and will not discriminate against applicants and employees on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, genetic information, and any other legally protected status with respect to all terms, conditions, and privileges of university-sponsored activities, employment, and the use of university facilities.