Senior Budget Analyst
Senior Budget Analyst
Reporting to the AVP for Budget and Planning, the senior budget analyst is responsible for assisting in the development, implementation and control of the College’s annual operating and capital budgets and multi-year financial plans. This position works closely with the AVP for Budget and Planning and the AVP for Finance and Controller to provide detailed analysis and reports that inform and facilitate executive level decision making on issues of financial importance. The senior budget analyst serves as a resource and liaison with a network of budget managers across the campus, providing support and training in matters related to budget development and reporting and serving as the primary contact person for the Budget Office.
- Manages the annual budget process and coordinates the capital request review process. Serves as the primary contact with budget managers across the campus. Reports on actual results and investigates variances.
- Maintains the integrity of the college’s 5-year budget model.Reviews and refines assumptions, and tests accuracy of the forecasts through periodic trend analysis and reconciliation of key data points.
- Maintains position control system and processes.Ensures that all new hires and positions are properly approved, funded and updated. Makes all necessary budget adjustments related to position changes and tracks savings that accrue during the vacancy period.
- Develops reports and conducts analyses that inform and facilitate executive-level decision making on issues of financial importance.
- Trains end users on using system-generated reports to manage their departmental budgets. Supports budget managers by providing information, answering questions, and following up on variances.
- Works closely with LTS to ensure budget systems, reporting and data needs are being addressed effectively and in a timely manner.
Provides accurate budget reports and data analysis to facilitate decision making
Maintains accurate and up-to-date position controls and related salary budgets
Budget managers understand budgets and the budgeting processes
Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, finance or related field required
Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a role that performs a high level of analysis and works directly with budgets and financial data. Accounting or finance background in a higher ed environment preferred.
Organization and attention to detail
Strong technical aptitude and proficiency in Microsoft Excel
Knowledge of Workday or other similar financial systems is preferred
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Strong interpersonal skills