Administrative Support Assistant
American International College is a private, coeducational institution of higher education located on a 70+ acre campus in Springfield, Massachusetts. The campus has 42 buildings on two sites approximately 1/2 mile apart with a total of approximately 660,000 gross square feet. Included in the inventory of buildings are student residences for a resident population of 900 students. Founded in 1885, the College has 3700 graduate and undergraduate students. AIC offers a variety of undergraduate and graduate programs through the Schools of Business, Arts and Sciences; Health Sciences; and Education. The mission of the College is to transform student lives through career focused learning, with a strong foundation in the liberal arts, a commitment to serving the community, and a high level of involvement in the global economy.
- Serve as primary reception in Dexter Counseling Center, facilitating access to therapeutic services as first point of contact for students.
- Assist students with electronic intake process and provide guidance for completion.
- Triage student intake for urgency
- Coordinate student appointments, provider schedules, and appointment reminders
- Oversee reception/waiting area ensuring safe and welcoming environment.
- Appropriate management of confidential information (scanning/shredding documents as needed).
- Work closely with on campus providers to meet student needs.
- Required Degree(s): Bachelors
- Preferred Degree(s): Masters
- Required Field of Expertise: Social Work, Psychology, or related field
- Preferred Field of Expertise: Experience with multi-line phone system, scheduling, and maintaining multiple calendars. Experience working with Electronic Health Records.
- Customer service experience that includes working with challenging people dealing with difficult situations
- Experience working in a mental health setting and knowledge of HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act) preferred.
- Maintain strict confidentiality regarding all student and employee health matters.
The Administrative Support Assistant is a full time, non-exempt, benefit eligible position. This is a ten month position scheduled for 35 hours per week during the academic calendar. Business hours are Monday through Friday 8:30 am to 4:30 pm with a one hour unpaid lunch break. The schedule for this position will be flexible to the needs of the department.
Qualified applicants should save and submit a brief cover letter, current resume, and contact information for three professional references (one of which must be a current or prior supervisor) as one document. Upload the saved document into the online application.
AIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.