RESEARCH SCIENTIST, School of Medicine (301163-509)
Boston University Medical Center (BUMC) Single Cell core is looking for a motivated individual with extensive experience in cellular and molecular biology to serve as the BUMC Single Cell core’s primary Research Scientist.
Every type of sample is different and dissociation protocols will likely need to be optimized for each individual project. The Research Scientist will work with individual investigators and members of the flow cytometry core to optimize and apply tissue dissociation protocols to their samples to obtain the individual cell suspension using a combination of mechanical and enzymatic digestion. The Research Scientist will also work with investigators and members of the Flow Cytometry core to perform fluorescence activated cell sorting (FACS) of single cells into 96- or 384-well plates and prepare them for library preparation. The incumbent will test, implement, optimize and troubleshoot new single cell library preparation protocols as they become available and will run single-cell microfluidic devices including the 10X Genomics Chromium, the BioRad ddSeq and Fluidigm C1.
Cell culturing, flow cytometry, general molecular biology, ability to work with large number of samples using existing molecular biology protocols, troubleshooting, optimization and development of new protocols.
- Ph.D. or equivalent degree in cell biology, molecular biology, biotechnology, biomedical engineering, or related fields (MS with appropriate experience will be considered as well).
- Excellent communication skills in both spoken and written English are required.
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving abilities are required.
- U.S. permanent residency status or ability to obtain visa is required.
- Experience performing tissue dissociation and flow cytometry is preferred.
- Experience with NGS library preparation protocols is preferred.
- Experience developing or applying single-cell assays, such as single-cell RNA-seq, is preferred
All interested applicants should send their resumes and cover letters to:
Yuriy Alekseyev at email@example.com