Administrative Assistant, Buildings and Grounds
Thank you for considering Curry College in your search.
About Curry College:
Founded in 1879, Curry College is a private, four-year, liberal arts-based institution located on a wooded 131-acre campus in Milton, MA just seven miles from downtown Boston. Accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC), Curry College offers 27 undergraduate majors, over 60 minors and concentrations, as well as four graduate programs.
Curry College is committed to a policy of equal opportunity in every aspect of its operations. The College values diversity and seeks talented students, faculty and staff from a variety of backgrounds. Curry College is an equal opportunity employer that encourages diversity in the workplace.
Under the general supervision of the Senior Administrative Assistant, the Administrative Assistant is responsible for providing a wide variety of support to the Department of Buildings and Grounds. The Administrative Assistant is the primary back up to the Senior Administrative Assistant and will be expected to provide coverage in the absence of the Senior Administrative Assistant.
Reception/Front Desk Functions:
- Triages incoming telephone calls for department and take messages or dispatch calls as needed; refer non-routine inquiries to the appropriate person.
- Sort and process incoming correspondence to the appropriate mailbox;
- Assist with all aspects of office services for the department including but not limited to filing, order and maintaining office supplies;
- Monitor, update and dispatch work order requests via School Dude system. Log work orders on the spreadsheet, note all billing charges and identify any duplicate work order requests.
- Follow-up on outstanding work orders and ensure completion of work order and close out work order in School Dude system.
- Generate dorm damage bills as necessary and send to Residence Life and Housing Department for processing.
- Enter all work orders called into the Department by the Foreman of Grounds, Foreman of Trades, Assistant Director or Director.
- Assist with training of the Residence Life and Housing Department staff with entering, approving or declining School Dude work order requests.
- Maintain vehicle list spreadsheet and work with the Mechanic to ensure that the inspection stickers and plate renewals are received on time. Order from vendors and assist with returns as needed.
- Maintain the spreadsheet for crew members and student worker’s valid driver’s licenses and trades licenses.
- Work with the Assistant Director, Foreman of Trades and the Foreman of Grounds to call vendors, order supplies and materials and maintain the various spreadsheets to track the orders and supplies.
- Activate and replace on-call pagers that are not working properly
- Troubleshoot NEXTEL telephone issues with vendors.
- Works independently within clearly defined department and college standard operating procedures, referring unusual problems involving scheduling of work priorities and purchases to the Assistant Director of Buildings and Grounds.
- Assist the Senior Administrative Assistant in maintaining room reservations; set-up and booking all events held in conference facilities on campus, including but not limited to: Parent’s Lounge, ARC, Miller Field House, Student Center and Westhaver Park. Confer with the room reservation scheduler every Thursday to ensure requests for the following week have been received by Buildings & Grounds.
- Maintain the Buildings and Grounds scheduling calendar for vendors; post calendar in approved location.
- Maintain and update monthly on-call schedule for Buildings and Grounds and post in approved location.
- Assist Senior Administrative Assistant as needed with the scheduling of seasonal help, including but not limited to the processing of paperwork for summer lifeguards, work-study students and summer help.
Back-up to Senior Administrative Assistant:
- In the absence of the Senior Administrative Assistant, maintains files for all major events on- campus including, but not limited to: Commencement, Honorary Degree Dinner, Academic Planning Days, Accepted Students Day and other major events held on campus for Curry and non-Curry Organizations. Check 25 Live schedule for Arc, Parents Lounge, Keith Auditorium and other areas that Buildings and Grounds is responsible for and post for housekeeping and Lead Grounds Worker every week.
- In the absence of the Senior Administrative Assistant, takes notes for bi-weekly meetings with Student Center representatives, Residence Life representatives, Public Safety and Buildings and Grounds. Outlines action items from meetings for initiation by contractors or staff members.
- Respect and maintain confidentiality, parameters of operation, professional protocols, and individual privacy.
- This position is the primary back up for the Senior Administrative Assistant and will perform tasks as required that are normally assigned to the Senior Administrative Assistant in their absence.
- Assists the Accounting Assistant with date stamping of invoices, reconciling gasoline slips, scanning and filing invoices as needed.
- Assist the Health and Safety Coordinator with data entry of the MSDS information and other information as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor of his/her designee.
- A minimum of a High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
- A minimum of 2-4 years of office administration experience.
- Basic knowledge of bookkeeping procedures.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to effectively deal with a variety of individuals.
- Demonstrable computing skills and efficiency utilizing computing applications on the systems and programs of the College’s choice; currently by way of example, Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to follow-up, follow-through, multi-task, set priorities and adhere to deadlines.
- Associate’s degree preferred.
At the College’s discretion, the education and experience prerequisites may be excepted where the candidate can demonstrate, to the satisfaction of the college, an equivalent combination of education and experience specifically preparing the candidate for success in the position.
Employment in this position is contingent upon the successful completion of all required pre-employment background checks.
Please apply online at: http://www.curry.edu/about-curry/employment/job-opportunities.html for consideration. Interested Applicants must submit a resume, cover letter, and a list of three professional references including complete contact information and professional titles.