Specialist, Clinical Lab - Nursing
General Statement of Job
Assists with clinical nursing learning lab facilities and services.
Location Round Rock Campus
Note: Occasional travel to Cypress Creek campus or other ACC campuses. Hours 40 hours/week as assigned; Generally Monday through Friday, 8 am 5 pm but may include evening and weekend hours based on departmental needs Salary Specialist 6/118 ($32,022.00 - $45,745.00) FLSA Status Exempt Reports To Department Chair, Associate Degree Nursing Criminal Background Check Pre-employment criminal background checks are required for all Staff and Faculty positions. Pre-employment urinalyses drug screens are also required for all top candidates considered for positions in ACC's College Police department.
Description of Duties and Tasks
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Must possess required knowledge and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Medical skills, equipment, and technology used in the nursing area.
- Lab facilities and services.
- Lab equipment and supplies.
- Safety standards and practices used in clinical lab settings.
- Processes for maintaining and/or repairing equipment.
Must possess required skills and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Maintaining an established work schedule, including occasional evenings and weekends.
- Effectively using interpersonal and communication skills, including tact and diplomacy as well as working with diverse student and faculty populations.
- Effectively using organizational and planning skills with attention to detail and follow-through.
- Remaining calm and logical, and following established procedures in emergency situations.
- Assisting with lab activities and services.
- Providing assistance to students and instructors in a clinical/lab environment.
- Promoting and ensuring safe lab practices.
- Maintaining confidentiality of work-related information and materials.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships.
- Use a variety of spreadsheet, word processing, database, and presentation software.
Required Work Experience
- One year related work experience in nursing.
Preferred Work Experience
- Experience with simulation technology. Previous experience in skills lab.
- Associate degree or educational equivalent in nursing, or graduation from an accredited or State Nursing Board approved vocational or practical nursing program. Experience cannot be substituted for education.
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing.
- Valid Texas Driver's License and reliable transportation for local Austin area travel. Current Texas Nursing license.
- Work is performed in a standard office or similar environment.
- Subject to standing, walking, sitting, bending, reaching, pushing, and pulling.
- Occasional lifting of objects up to 10 pounds.
- Work safely and follow safety rules. Report unsafe working conditions and behavior. Take reasonable and prudent actions to prevent others from engaging in unsafe practices.
ACC Benefits Overview
Full-time Faculty and Staffing Table employees who work in full-time and/or part-time positions at the College are eligible for ACC medical benefits effective the first of the month after their first 60 days of employment. Benefits include medical, dental, life insurance, short and long term disability, retirement plans and AD&D.
ACC does not participate in Social Security. ACC participates in the Teacher Retirement System of Texas (TRS) and the Optional Retirement Program (ORP-Faculty Only). Part-time and Hourly employees participate in the ACC Money Purchase Plan (ACCMPP) as a retirement program required by Federal law.
The above description is an overview of the job. It is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities of the job, nor is it intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Duties and responsibilities may change with business needs. ACC reserves the right to add, change, amend, or delete portions of this job description at any time, with or without notice. Employees may be required to perform other duties as requested, directed, or assigned. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made by ACC as its discretion to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Austin Community College provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.