ORIEN Tissue Bank Coordinator
University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
University of Colorado Cancer Center
ORIEN Tissue Bank Coordinator
Position # 00673639 - Requisition 11281
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *
The Cancer Center has an opening for a full time ORIEN Tissue Bank Coordinator (unclassified) position.
Colorado's only National Cancer Institute-designated comprehensive cancer center, a distinction recognizing its outstanding contributions to research, clinical trials, prevention and cancer control. CU Cancer Center's clinical partner for adult care, University of Colorado Hospital is ranked in the top 25 by U.S. News and World Report for cancer care and Children's Hospital Colorado is ranked 8th by the same organization in Pediatric Cancer Care. The CU Cancer Center is a member of the prestigious National Comprehensive Cancer Network®, an alliance of the nation's leading cancer centers working to establish and deliver the gold standard in cancer clinical guidelines. CU Cancer Center also is a member of the Oncology Research Information Exchange Network (ORIEN), a unique research partnership among North America's top cancer centers leveraging multiple data sources and matching patients to targeted treatments. CU Cancer Center is a consortium of approximately 400 researchers and physicians at three state universities and three clinical institutions, all working toward one goal: Translating science into life.
The Cancer Center is looking to hire a full time Coordinator to participate as a member of the Orien Total Cancer Care Protocol (TCCP) team at the University of Colorado. The coordinator works under the direction of the ORIEN Project Manager, consults with the team on project/study issues and/or solicits guidance as necessary. This person will work with clinic personnel to consent subjects to the TCCP, enter subject data and collaborate with other staff on specimen collection.
Examples of Work Performed:
- Recruits and interviews prospective subjects for TCCP protocol to ensure compliance with the protocol and IRB regulations.
- Reviews protocol inclusion/exclusion criteria, and confirms eligibility of subject
- Ensures that the informed consent process has occurred, is properly documented and filed as required.
- Ensures accurate and timely data entry of tissue bank patient data and other clinical trial data as assigned; tracks patients consented to TCCP in Oncore database.
- Works directly with clinics assigned to coordinate consenting with other aspects of patient care within that area
- Serves as a liaison to administration for issues pertaining to gathering patient informed consent for biospecimen research
- Pends research specific specimen orders to enrolling physician as needed
- Participates in quality assurance efforts as well as DSMC audits
- Communicates and serves as a liaison with hospital staff, physicians and tissue bank personnel
Salary and Benefits:
The hiring salary for this position is negotiable and commensurate with skills and experience. This position is not eligible for overtime compensation.
The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at https://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
- Bachelor's degree in any field
- Substitution: Any equivalent combination of Education or Experience (i.e Associates Degree plus 2 years' clinical/research experience or 4 years' relevant work experience).
- 1 year experience in a clinical setting (oncology data management experience is a plus)
- Knowledge of basic human anatomy, physiology, medical terminology
- Excellent computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office products
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels throughout the institution.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Demonstrated commitment and leadership ability to advance diversity and inclusion.
- Excellent interpersonal communication, organizational skills, and ability to problem solve and multi-task.
- Good command of the English language, both written and verbal.
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to interpret and master complex protocol information.
- Able to work independently
Special Instructions to Applicants:*Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers * REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS: 1). A cover letter/letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications. 2) A current resume/CV. 3) List of 3-5 professional references. Questions should be directed to Kyra Anderson at email@example.com.
Reference checks are a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including e-mail addresses, for up to 3-5 references if you are referred to the Hiring Authority for an interview. We will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:APPLICATION DEADLINE: Applications will be accepted until the position is filled, but full consideration will be given to complete applications received by October 8, 2017. Those who do not apply by October 8, 2017 may or may not be considered.
Job Category: Research Services
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20066 - SOM-U of Colo Cancer Center
Posting Date: Sep 27, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Kyra Anderson
Posting Contact Email: Kyra.Anderson@ucdenver.edu
Position Number: 00673639