Office Assistant - Application Processor
International Student Admission is a part of the Enrollment Division, which also includes Undergraduate Admission and Financial Aid. The Enrollment Division at the University of Denver works to attract and enroll an optimal mix of qualified students that will enrich the composition of our learning community. The division seeks to enroll students who will become leaders, scholars, artists, entrepreneurs, and public servants uniquely qualified to live in and shape a global society. International Student Admission is responsible for both undergraduate international student application processing.
The Office Assistant - Application Processor is a temporary, full-time, non-benefited position in the Office of International Student Admission. This is a non-benefited position, not to exceed 1,000 hours per calendar year. The duration of the position is from approximately late October 2017 to approximately late March 2018. A full-time work schedule equates to 37.5 hours per week. However, required hours will vary between 37.5 and 40 hours depending upon weekly work volume. No overtime is expected.
- Performs a variety of administrative and clerical duties in relation to the processing of international undergraduate applications.
- These duties include but are not limited to data entry, records management, email correspondence, mail processing, answering phones, scanning, filing, and special projects as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Critical thinking skills.
- Cultural sensitivity and patience to work with non-native English speakers.
- Ability to manage multiple and simultaneous tasks and meet deadlines.
- High School diploma or GED.
- Minimum of one year of office/clerical work experience.
- Bachelor's degree.
- College/university admission experience.
- Competency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Access.
- Knowledge of Banner and Slate software.
Monday - Friday, 8:00 am to 4:30 pm from late October 2017 through late March 2018.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by Wednesday, October 11, 2017.
Candidates must apply online through www.du.edu/jobs to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted. Once within the job description online, please scroll to the bottom of the page to apply. For questions about the position, please contact Maura Koch at
Please include the following documents with your application:
- Cover Letter
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff and encourages applications from women, minorities, members of the LGBTQ community, people with disabilities and veterans. The University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.