Director of EducationPosition Summary
WKAR is seeking a talented professional to lead our education efforts. This role provides strategic and operational leadership of all education initiatives and is responsible for collaborative planning, monitoring, execution, and fulfillment of projects. As a successful candidate, you will work closely with the General Manager to shape the future of WKAR’s education initiatives, foster local and national collaborations and, in conjunction with our development team, find, solicit, secure and manage grant funding and build key foundation or corporation relationships to increase the financial support of our education strategy.
Unit Specific Education/Experience/Skills
Knowledge equivalent to that which normally would be acquired by completing a four-year college degree program in Business Administration, Management or field related to the employing unit; three to five years of related and progressively more expansive work experience in project management, business analysis, facilitating/training with a focus on business management; work flow process analysis and implementation of strategic initiatives; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.Desired Qualifications
- Candidates with a Masters in Education, Business, or Public Policy strongly encouraged to apply.
- 5+ years of experience in K-12 education as a teacher, community leader, or at a non-profit.
- Experience in grant writing/fundraising, strategy, and program development.
- Knowledge of evolving preK-12 education and media and technology trends, across a breath of topics including educational tech, STEM, early childhood, character education and social-emotional learning.
- Outstanding writing skills.
- Excellent presentation and public speaking skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize workload in a timely manner to complete assignments when faced with many deadlines and completing requirements.
- Strong competence with technology and innovative skills.
- Excellent ability to self-prioritize and manage multiple projects and deadlines at the same time.
- Experience working with innovative technologies in education, including project-based learning techniques preferred.
- Project management experience preferred.
- A high degree of self-motivation, self-direction, and ingenuity in a creative environment;
- A collaborative mindset. You have a knack for working effectively across departments;
- A strategic mindset and ability to understand how to connect projects to larger strategic goals and outcomes;
- An ability to build and maintain positive and authentic relationships, and a desire to understand the interests and motivation of partners, stakeholders and funders;
- An ability to work effectively as part of a team;
- A passion for the mission and goals of WKAR!
Please submit your resume along with a cover letter addressing the extent of educational experience, and why you feel this position would be a positive career move for you. Please include the names and email addresses of three professional references. A writing sample is requested, see further instructions below.Special Instructions
In less than 500 words, provide a writing sample telling us what you enjoy about working in education.Work Hours
Ability to work a varied schedule including evenings, weekends, and some holidays.
Bidding eligibility ends on 10/3/17 at 11:55 PM.