Director of Annual Giving
Director of Annual Giving
Trinity College, Hartford, Connecticut
The Director of Annual Giving oversees all programs and initiatives to raise current-use support from alumni, parents, and friends of the College.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for successfully meeting Annual Fund dollar and donor goals.
- Directly manages three of the eight staff members in the Annual Giving office, including those who supervise the remaining staff. Trains, supervises and evaluates the Annual Fund staff in an effort to help them to successfully execute their responsibilities. Works with Annual Fund staff to plan the Annual Fund calendar, set goals, and determine and execute strategies.
- Oversees recruitment, training, and stewardship of alumni fund volunteers.
- Cultivates and solicits 150 assigned prospects for leadership annual fund purpose.
- Manages the Annual Fund budget.
- Works with the Director of Planned Giving and the Director of Leadership Giving to ensure that leadership gifts for the Annual Fund are integral to the comprehensive solicitation strategy for every prospect managed by the Leadership Giving and Planned Giving programs.
- Coordinates the solicitation process of the Board of Trustees, National Alumni Executive Committee, and Board of Fellows.
- Responsible for the design and implementation of all Direct Mail campaigns.
- Responsible for coordinating/designing all Annual Fund advertisements and articles for The Reporter.
- Coordinates the Annual Giving portion of the Class Notes section of The Reporter.
- Works with the Director of Development Services to author reports and analyses.
- Responsible for directing the efforts of the Annual Fund staff to share responsibility with the Alumni Office for organizing and supporting Reunion weekend events.
- Travels to College events as a representative of the College and assists with on-campus events involving donors and volunteers.
- Provides progress reports for internal use, as well as makes presentations to the Trustees.
- Other duties as assigned.
The individual must possess the requisite knowledge, skills, experience, education, abilities and other job-related requirements of the position or be able to explain and demonstrate the ability to perform the essential functions of the position, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Bachelor's Degree required, with a minimum ten years development experience.
- Must be a self-starter who demonstrates strong interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills as well as energy, vision, a sense of humor and charisma.
- Must have strong organizational and analytical ability and previous supervisory experience, in addition to a positive attitude and human relations orientation.
- Must be an articulate and persuasive communicator, both verbally and in writing.
- Must have strong organizational abilities; be goal-oriented and able to juggle multiple tasks simultaneously and meet a myriad of deadlines.
- Needs to have a strong sense of personal and professional integrity. Must be able to exercise authority and accept responsibility.
- Must be able to work independently, consulting with their supervisor on specific matters only where clarification, interpretation, or exception to College policy may be required.
- Must perform all essential job functions accurately and efficiently with minimal direct supervision.
- Must be willing and able to work with, and cooperate with, staff at all levels and as an integral part of the entire College team.
- Must be able to exercise tact and diplomacy, to work under frequent stressful conditions, and with tight deadlines.
- Must produce first-rate, highly accurate work, with meticulous attention to detail.
- Must have technical capacity to manage data; develop and execute strategy to lead efforts to raise $9.0M annually from alumni, parents and friends.
- Must demonstrate strong experience and expertise in direct mail and multi-channel marketing.
This is a level 28 full-time, full-year position; salary commensurate with experience. The application review process will begin immediately; search will continue until the position is filled. To apply, please go to: http://trincoll.peopleadmin.com.
Trinity College is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. Applicants with disabilities should request, in advance, any needed accommodation in order to participate in the application process.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/vybfncv2h4f22n3w