Financial Assistant, Accounts Payable
Financial Assistant, Accounts Payable
West Valley-Mission Community College District
Closing Date: 10/16/2017
The Finance Department is seeking a talented individual to fill the position of Financial Assistant, Accounts Payable.
Comprised of two colleges, West Valley College and Mission College, we are located in the heart of Silicon Valley. Our staff and faculty are among the most qualified in the state and our students appreciate our two colleges for our friendly staff and supportive atmosphere.
The purpose of this position is to perform a variety of clerical accounting duties in support of an assigned financial services function; to prepare, process, and review financial records and reports related to area of assignment; and to provide administrative support to an assigned supervisor.
Applicants who possess the knowledge, skills, and life experiences to address the cultural and educational needs of a culturally diverse student population are encouraged to apply.
100% of full time, 37.5 hours per week, 12 months per year, with anticipated start date of November 20, 2017. Schedule may change to include some evening or weekend hours, as needed. This position is a member of the West Valley-Mission Classified Employees Association (WVMCEA), Office, Technical & Business Services Employee Unit.
Work location: Finance department, District offices, located on the West Valley College campus, Saratoga, CA.
Salary and Benefits:
Anticipated Hiring Range:
- $4,198.92-$4,562.25 monthly (WVMCEA Salary Schedule, Range 54, Steps A-C).
- Employer-contributed medical, dental and vision for employee, spouse, and/or dependents.
- Employer-paid long term disability for employee.
- Voluntary life insurance.
- 13 paid holidays, plus 1 floating holiday annually; paid non-workdays between Christmas and New Year.
- 12 days vacation leave accrued annually; rate increases step-wise up to maximum 22 days vacation leave accrued annually.
- 12 days sick leave accrued annually.
- Personal necessity leave and personal business leave.
- Educational growth incentive program from $40 to $200 monthly.
- $500 longevity award annually after 10 years of service and $1,000 longevity award annually after 15 years of service.
- CalPERS retirement.
- Position is union affiliated with required dues.
Any combination of experience and education that would provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the required knowledge and abilities would be:
1. Understanding of, and sensitivity to the diverse academic, socio-economic, ethnic, religious and cultural backgrounds, disability, and sexual orientation of community college students, faculty and staff.
2. Equivalent to the completion of the twelfth grade.
3. Two years of responsible financial record-keeping experience.
Examples of Duties and Responsibilities:
Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Review, sort, verify, track, maintain back up documentation and process invoices; post and process payments and prepare purchase orders and checks and utility, bond and other bills and invoices.
- Calculate, balance, enter and distribute checks and other items according to policy.
- Process vendor checks for conference reimbursements, special authorizations, pre-payments, W-9 tracking, 1099 form filing, mileage reimbursements and related items.
- Coordinate weekly check run process, including printing, verifying, and mailing of checks for a variety of payments.
- Set up and maintain a variety of contracts; establish appropriate tracking and filing systems.
- Verify and accrue sales tax in compliance with state and district regulations.
- Assist with periodic financial processes including audits and year-end closing.
- Respond to questions from district staff and outside vendors regarding a variety of issues related to assigned function.
- Establish and maintain filing systems for a variety of documents and records related to area of assignment.
- Build and maintain positive working relationships with co-workers, other district employees, and the public using principles of good customer service.
- Foster an environment that embraces diversity, integrity, trust and respect.
- Be an integral team player, which involves flexibility, cooperation and communication.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
For more information on this position and to apply, please visit our website at the following link: wvm.peopleadmin.com
Applicants who, due to a disability, require accommodations to complete the application, testing or interview process, please contact Human Resources at (408) 741-2174 to arrange for assistance.
West Valley-Mission Community College District is an Equal Opportunity Employer.