Part Time Emergency Preparedness Technician
Part Time Emergency Preparedness Technician
Position Number: 53004047
Benefits Eligible: No
Campus Location: Gainesville
Job Close Date: 10/09/2017
General Summary: The University of North Georgia is currently accepting applications for a Part Time Emergency Preparedness Technician. This is a highly accountable staff position responsible for inspections and compliance with National Fire Protection Agency rules and regulations, and fire safety programs for the University. This position reports to the Assistant Director, Emergency Preparedness. The incumbent must have the ability to work independently and be very detail oriented. The position is responsible for ensuring that the University remains in compliance with all university, local, state, and federal regulations dealing with fire codes. This position is also responsible for providing recommendations for the purpose of preventing, mitigating, and responding to emergencies to ensure the safety and security of the University of North Georgia community. Considerable independent judgment, initiative, and understanding must be exercised in interpreting orders, rules and regulations, and in effectively handling emergency situations which might adversely affect persons or property. Work is performed both indoors and outside, in all types of weather and in various types of environments, some of which may be hazardous.
Located in the fastest-growing region of the state, the University of North Georgia is a multi-campus university with an enrollment of over 19,000 students, making it one of the largest institutions in the University System of Georgia. UNG is focused on a mission of educational excellence, leadership development and community engagement opportunities that develop students into leaders for a diverse and global society. Through a variety of educational pathways that provide access and range from certificates and associate degrees to a professional doctoral program, UNG is responsive to regional education and economic development needs. Federally designated as a senior military college, one of the university's signature leadership programs is its 800-member Corps of Cadets on UNG's Dahlonega Campus.
Job Duties & Responsibilities: The Part Time Emergency Preparedness Technician will:
- Conduct Life Safety Code and fire safety inspections for university buildings to provide reports annually. Inspections will be related to the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA).
- Act as a highly visible, interactive and enthusiastic proponent for campus fire safety.
- Provide safety training programs for faculty, staff, and students, regarding the Emergency Action Plan
- Perform other duties as required or assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must have knowledge of OSHA, EPA, NFPA standards, the National Incident Management System (NIMS) and the Incident Command System is desirable.
- Strong organizational skills with proven ability to prepare reports, proposals, training programs, and other documents that may be required by compliance requirements.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
Certifications/Licenses & Minimum Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 2 years of experience working fire safety
- A valid class C Georgia driver's license is required.
Required Documents: Cover Letter, Resume/Curriculum Vitae
Special Instructions to Applicants: Please submit contact information for three professional references.
Employer Information: All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation, as determined by the University of North Georgia in its sole discretion. The University of North Georgia, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sex or national origin, age, disability, religion, genetics or veteran status. Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.
We provide equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, protected veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.
The University of North Georgia is committed to providing equal opportunity to all qualified applicants without discrimination at the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, sex, age, disability or handicap as a matter of college policy and as required by applicable state and federal laws.