International Programs Specialist
Baruch College – International Programs Specialist
Baruch College invites applications for the International Programs Specialist (Student Life International Student Specialist) in Zicklin School of Business. This position reports to the Associate Dean for Academic Initiatives and Innovation.
- Coordinate with Zicklin's international partners on various collaborative undergraduate and graduate degree and non-degree programs on curricula, articulation, staffing, logistics, and other related activities, with an initial focus on the Baruch-SWUFE collaborative programs.
- Work with Baruch's international student offices on visa, internship, cultural emersion, and other related issues for the students in these international programs.
- Coordinate with Baruch's undergraduate and graduate offices to plan and implement programs related to accommodation, orientation, registration, degree auditing and other issues for the students in these international programs.
- Develop and implement programs that help integrate students in these programs with their American peers in curricular and extracurricular activities.
- Work with relevant academic units, departments, and schools in Baruch to promote these international programs and to recruit faculty to teach at the international locations.
- Manage routine office duties related to Zicklin's international degree and non-degree programs.
- Assist the Associate Dean for Academic Initiatives and Innovation on all international program related activities.
Compensation and Benefits:
Salary commensurate with education and experience.
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
Bachelor's degree and four years' related experience required.
- Master's degree in business related academic disciplines
- Proficient in both English and Mandarin Chinese in reading, writing, and oral communications
- Proficient in computer skills for word processing, data analysis, and database management
- Experience in international travel and working with international students
- Willingness to travel to international locations for extended period of time (1-4 weeks)
- Strong oral and written communication skills and excellent interpersonal skills
- Team player and able to collaborate and work in partnership with various constituents
- Work experience in higher education administration or teaching
- Experience in international collaborative degree and non-degree programs
- Knowledge in international student visa, internship, and immigration issues
- Record of initiating, planning, and executing programs and projects for students
How to Apply:
Go to the CUNY website http://www.cuny.edu/employment.html to see the complete position description and job requirements in CUNYfirst under Job Opening ID #17455. You can view and apply for this job in CUNYfirst via the following direct link to the posting
Candidates should provide a resume and cover letter.
October 25, 2017
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.