Marketing & Communications Coordinator
The Coordinator for the Office of Communications and Marketing at the Graduate School of Social Work is responsible for a variety of daily activities within the office. The individual in this position will work closely with the Assistant Director of Digital Communications and Marketing to develop, execute and evaluate internal and external communications for a variety of constituency groups including prospective students, alumni and GSSW faculty/staff. The Coordinator will also help manage projects with third party contractors and be responsible for data analytics within the department - this includes reporting and optimization for newsletters and social media campaigns.
- Provide general administrative support for the GSSW Office of Communications and Marketing. This may include scheduling appointments, keeping records, documenting systems, preparation or purchase of materials, placement of advertising, etc. as directed by the Assistant Director or the Assistant Dean.
- Build emails in CRM systems including iModules and Slate (HTML knowledge is not required).
- Write social media posts and execute the social media content calendar.
- Create digital media performance reports and monitor ad performance using set criteria.
- Make website updates.
- Act as liaison between external vendors and the Graduate School of Social Work.
- May supervise student or temporary employees.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to prioritize, work both independently and as part of a team, and to follow directions.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office suite, including Excel.
- Experience with a variety of social media platforms, Google Analytics and AdWords.
- Experience working with website performance data and optimization.
- Attention to detail.
- B.A./B.S. or equivalent in communications, marketing, or related field(s).
- 1-3 years' experience in public relations, marketing, or similar areas.
Standard business hours are M-F 8-4:30, flexible scheduling opportunities exist.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00pm (MST) Tuesday, October 3, 2017
Candidates must apply online through www.du.edu/jobs to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted. Once within the job description online, please scroll to the bottom of the page to apply. If you have questions regarding this position please contact Jessica Lovan at .
Please include the following documents with your application:
- Cover Letter