Part-time Assistant Instructor: Police Academy
Salaries vary by class and/or contact hours
Part-time Assistant Instructor: Police Academy
Maintain compliance with the provisions of the College's part-time faculty position description. Specifically:
1. Teaching: Provide effective and high quality instruction in the Criminal Justice Academy (Police Academy) program as assigned. Continually refine and modernize curriculum so that it remains educationally sound and meets the high standards of Aims Community College and the Colorado Peace Officers Standards and Training Board. Plan for classroom, laboratory, and clinical learning. Utilize best practices in addressing student learning.
2. Professional Development - maintain currency in field of expertise and adopt new teaching methodology as appropriate.
3. Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
4. Teach on Academy campus/outreach site at any scheduled time as assigned.
5. Implement institutional and Colorado POST Board goals as assigned.
6. Use computer technology in lecture and laboratory instruction to enhance student learning.
7. Perform other responsibilities and duties as assigned by the Academy Director.
8. Associate's Degree in Criminal Justice or a related field; or documented professional field experience in Criminal Justice or a related field.
9. Applicants must become CTE credentialed.
10. Computer literacy and the ability to use computer technology in classroom-lab instruction.
11. Experience using varied instructional delivery methods, including lecture, group work, real world activities, and critical thinking activities.
12. Demonstrated ability and willingness to work as a team member as exhibited by a genuine spirit of cooperation and flexibility.
13. Demonstrated ability and willingness to establish and maintain positive and professional interpersonal relationships with students, faculty, staff and administrators.
14. Willingness to embrace and apply the provisions of Aims Community College's mission statement, purposes, philosophy and commitment to affirmative action.
15. Ability to take classes in teaching methods, curriculum development, computer applications or other coursework deemed necessary by the Academy director.
Qualify for a career and technical education credential in the discipline. To qualify, applicants must be able to document a minimum of 4,000 hours of work experience related to the field in the last 5 years.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Notice: Aims Community College is an equal opportunity employer. Selection will be based solely on merit and will be without discrimination based on age, sex, sexual orientation, race, religion, national origin, marital status or disability. The goal of Aims is to enhance the diversity present in the district we serve. To comply with Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, if hired you will be required to provide documents within 3 days of hire date to show your identity and your authorization to work. This law applies to all persons hired.
Screening/Selection: All applicants may apply on line at jobs.aims.edu. If you need assistance with this process please contact Human Resources.
Initial screening will be conducted by a committee based on completed application materials.
Please be prepared to submit the following if required:
• Cover Letter addressing qualifications relative to position requirements,
• Diversity Statement (your personal statement on diversity),
• Teaching Philosophy (for faculty positions only) and,
• Transcripts (if applicable). Official transcripts will be required if hired.
o Faculty: Applicants must submit academic transcripts from an accredited institution. Applicants who have degrees from outside of the United States must request a credential evaluation of their transcript. National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (www.naces.org) or Association of International Credential Evaluators (www.aice-eval.org) lists members who may be contacted for assistance in evaluating foreign credentials.
All application materials become the property of Aims Community College. All application materials must be submitted by the closing date posted. The screening committee will select finalists for interviews.
Quicklink for Posting http://jobs.aims.edu/postings/2318
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * For recruitment statistics, please list where you found this job posting.
- Aims Website
- Internal Posting
- Personal Referral
- Craig's List
- Denver Post
- Greeley Tribune
- Longmont Times
- Weld County Employment Service
- Other Source
- * The application instructions and information section on the application states that you must clearly document job duties performed that relate to minimum qualifications, etc. in the "Work Experience" section on the application. Please acknowledge that you have read and understand what is expected and that the initial review of applications will focus only on what is listed in the Work Experience section and not other required documents such as your resume.
- Yes, I meet the minimum qualifications and have documented this in the Work Experience section.
- No, I do not meet all of the minimum qualifications however I have documented my experience in the Work Experience section.
- * What is the highest level of education attained?
- High School Diploma
- Associates Degree
- Bachelors Degree
- Masters Degree
- Professional Degree
- Cover Letter
- Diversity Statement
- Teaching Philosophy
- Curriculum Vitae
- Other Document