Part-Time Nurse Aide / Med Prep Instructor
Salaries vary by class and/or contact hours.
Part-Time Nurse Aide / Med Prep Instructor
Aims Community College, locally governed, locally funded, is a progressive community college with centralized administrative services located on the Greeley Campus which supports three additional locations. Situated on the Front Range of the Colorado Rockies, and enjoying 300+ days of sunshine a year, Aims Community College is student success oriented and prepares students for success in more than 160 degree and certificate programs. You are not just a number here at Aims Community College, our wonderful Staff, Faculty, and Administration work as a team to ensure excellent service and offer the most affordable tuition in the Front Range.
Duties, Roles & Responsibilities:
Maintain compliance with the provisions of the Aims Community College full-time faculty position description including:
- Teaching - provide effective and high quality instruction; provide competent student advising; assist with refining and modernizing curriculum to be educationally sound and meet the high standards of the College; and develop curriculum as assigned.
- Professional Development - maintain currency in field of expertise and adopt new teaching methodology as appropriate. - College Service - provide meaningful participation on College committees or organizations and participate in community service opportunities as assigned.
- Teach on various campus/outreach sites at various times, including evenings/weekends, as assigned along with advising of students.
- Use alternative delivery technology (including online) in lecture and laboratory instruction to enhance student learning. If do not currently know how to teach online, will acquire the knowledge and skills to do so.
- Initiate and maintain professional relationships with external agencies as needed.
- Commit to:
(1) the philosophy that each individual should be allowed an opportunity to succeed regardless of past experience
(2) work as a team member as exhibited by a genuine spirit of cooperation and flexibility
(3) establish and maintain positive yet professional interpersonal relationships with students, faculty, staff and administration
(4) take classes in teaching methods, curriculum development, computer applications and other course work deemed necessary by the chair/dean
(5) embrace and apply the provisions of the College's Mission Statement, Purposes and Philosophy.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a part/full-time basis.
1. Associate's degree from an accredited school, college, or university.
2. Must possess a current, unrestricted RN or LPN/LVN license.
3. Minimum of two years nursing experience in caring for the elderly and/or the chronically ill of any age required.
4. Evidence of prior teaching/training in health occupation related area(s). Must hold CPR certification or qualify for same within three months of hire.
5. Hold or qualify for a part-time, post-secondary vocational instructor's teaching credential as a Health Occupations Instructor issued by the State Board for Community Colleges and Occupational Education.
6. Upon inquiry, questions concerning vocational credentials will be referred to the appropriate College staff member. Applicant is responsible for all credentialing fees.
7. Will have attended the "Train the Trainer" program or have demonstrated competence in teaching adult learners as defined by the Board of Nursing policy.
1. Bachelor's degree in Nursing.
2. Experience in a community college teaching environment, curriculum writing and alternative delivery instruction.
3. Five years, or greater of patient-oriented nursing experience.
4. Computer literacy (Word, PowerPoint, D2L).
Open Until Filled
Equal Opportunity Employer
Notice: Aims Community College is an equal opportunity employer. Selection will be based solely on merit and will be without discrimination based on age, sex, sexual orientation, race, religion, national origin, marital status or disability. The goal of Aims is to enhance the diversity present in the district we serve. To comply with Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, if hired you will be required to provide documents within 3 days of hire date to show your identity and your authorization to work. This law applies to all persons hired.
Screening/Selection: All applicants may apply on line at jobs.aims.edu. If you need assistance with this process please contact Human Resources.
Initial screening will be conducted by a committee based on completed application materials.
Please be prepared to submit the following if required:
• Cover Letter addressing qualifications relative to position requirements,
• Diversity Statement (your personal statement on diversity),
• Teaching Philosophy (for faculty positions only) and,
• Transcripts (if applicable). Official transcripts will be required if hired.
o Faculty: Applicants must submit academic transcripts from an accredited institution. Applicants who have degrees from outside of the United States must request a credential evaluation of their transcript. National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (www.naces.org) or Association of International Credential Evaluators (www.aice-eval.org) lists members who may be contacted for assistance in evaluating foreign credentials.
All application materials become the property of Aims Community College. All application materials must be submitted by the closing date posted. The screening committee will select finalists for interviews.
Quicklink for Posting http://jobs.aims.edu/postings/2218
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * For recruitment statistics, please list where you found this job posting.
- Aims Website
- Internal Posting
- Personal Referral
- Craig's List
- Denver Post
- Greeley Tribune
- Longmont Times
- Weld County Employment Service
- Other Source
- * What is the highest level of education attained?
- High School Diploma
- Associates Degree
- Bachelors Degree
- Masters Degree
- Professional Degree
- Cover Letter
- Copy of Transcripts
- Diversity Statement
- Teaching Philosophy
- Curriculum Vitae
- Other Document