Part-Time Welding Instructor
Salaries vary by class and/or contact hours.
Part-Time Welding Instructor
1. Provide instruction on a wide variety of welding and cutting processes in accordance with industry standards and department practices.
2. Supervise students to ensure the safe and proper use of the facility, equipment, and supplies.
3. Evaluate student work and assign grades.
4. Assist in the basic maintenance and repair of welding program equipment.
5. Participate in professional development and training activities in order to develop and maintain skills and knowledge required for instructional excellence and the continuous improvement of the welding program.
6. Assist full-time faculty with program and curriculum review, revision, development, and assessment of learning.
7. Utilize effective verbal and written communications skills.
8. Demonstrate continuous commitment to quality and craftsmanship.
9. Establish and maintain positive and professional relationships with students, faculty, staff, and administration.
10. Work as a team member with a genuine spirit of cooperation and flexibility.
11. Must be self-directed and self-motivated.
12. Participate in advisory committee meetings and activities as required.
13. Assist in developing quality relationships with business, industry, and community members.
14. Implement department, division, and institutional goals as assigned.
15. Demonstrate a willingness to embrace and apply the provisions of the College's mission statement, purpose, philosophy, and commitment to diversity.
16. Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Welding Department Chair or Academic Dean.
1. Qualify for a full-time Colorado Career and Technical Education credential in Welding.
2. Have an Associate of Applied Science Degree in Welding Technology or related field.
3. Possess expertise in the following welding and cutting processes: OAW, OFC, PAC, SMAW, GMAW, FCAW, GTAW, soldering, brazing, thermal gouging, and pipe welding.
4. Minimum of 4,000 hours of welding work experience required.
5. Applicants selected for interviewing will be required to demonstrate their welding ability.
Open Until Filled
Equal Opportunity Employer
Notice: Aims Community College is an equal opportunity employer. Selection will be based solely on merit and will be without discrimination based on age, sex, sexual orientation, race, religion, national origin, marital status or disability. The goal of Aims is to enhance the diversity present in the district we serve. To comply with Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, if hired you will be required to provide documents within 3 days of hire date to show your identity and your authorization to work. This law applies to all persons hired.
Screening/Selection: All applicants may apply on line at jobs.aims.edu. If you need assistance with this process please contact Human Resources.
Initial screening will be conducted by a committee based on completed application materials.
Please be prepared to submit the following if required:
• Cover Letter addressing qualifications relative to position requirements,
• Diversity Statement,
• Teaching Philosophy (for faculty positions only) and,
• Transcripts (if applicable). Official transcripts will be required if hired.
o Faculty: Applicants must submit academic transcripts from an accredited institution. Applicants who have degrees from outside of the United States must request a credential evaluation of their transcript. National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (www.naces.org) or Association of International Credential Evaluators (www.aice-eval.org) lists members who may be contacted for assistance in evaluating foreign credentials.
All application materials become the property of Aims Community College. All application materials must be submitted by the closing date posted. The screening committee will select finalists for interviews.
Quicklink for Posting http://jobs.aims.edu/postings/2262
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * What is the highest level of education attained?
- High School Diploma
- Associates Degree
- Bachelors Degree
- Masters Degree
- Professional Degree
- Copy of Transcripts
- Cover Letter
- Diversity Statement
- Curriculum Vitae
- Other Document
- Teaching Philosophy