Trades Specialist - HVAC
The salary minimum for this position is $36,198.00 annually (paid on an hourly basis) Compensation is commensurate with education and experience.
Trades Specialist - HVAC
Aims Community College, locally governed, locally funded, is a progressive community college with centralized administrative services located on the Greeley Campus which supports three additional locations. Situated on the Front Range of the Colorado Rockies, and enjoying 300+ days of sunshine a year, Aims Community College is student success oriented and prepares students for success in more than 160 degree and certificate programs. You are not just a number here at Aims Community College, our wonderful Staff, Faculty, and Administration work as a team to ensure excellent service and offer the most affordable tuition in the Front Range.
Duties, Roles & Responsibilities:
1.) The HVAC Trades Specialist is responsible for preventative maintenance duties; including: filter replacement, trouble-shooting, repairs and maintenance of all HVAC equipment, chilled water distribution and BAS control support.
2.) Develop energy conservation and methods to improve building system efficiency in coordination with other facilities team members.
3.) Knowing the latest technology related to mechanical diagnostics along with the operation of the newest tools available to perform the job.
4.) Planning of individual jobs and short-term work operations.
5.) Implement and maintain preventative maintenance programs.
6.) Perform journeyman quality repair work.
7.) Resolve problems exercising discretionary judgment and analysis in complex situations.
8.) Understand and navigate building automation systems technology and its components.
9.) Provide service to campuses located in Greeley, Fort Lupton, Loveland and Windsor.
10.) Troubleshoot equipment which include: pneumatic, electrical, electronic, and computerized control systems that operate the mechanical equipment.
11.) Provide maintenance to include evaporative, direct-fired natural gas, hydronic and pneumatic systems.
12.) Perform other duties as assigned.
Functional Attributes of Job Duty
Lifting/Moving Level: Heavy
Rarely: up to 100 lbs.
Frequently: up to 50 lbs.
Physical agility test will be required upon hire
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a part/full-time basis.
1.) High School Diploma or equivalent plus four years related experience in HVAC maintenance.
2.) Centrifugal chiller experience, packaged chillers, rooftop package units, VAV, VVT systems, and boilers.
3.) Valid driver license and insurability upon hire.
1.) HVAC/R Training Certificate
2.) EPA CFC Type I, II,
3.) Universal, R-410a Refrigeration Certificate
4.) NATE Certified
Full-time, 40 hours per week. Monday thru Friday
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
First review of applicants on September 18, 2017
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS AND INFORMATION
• Clearly document job duties performed that relate to minimum qualifications, preferred qualifications, and essential job duties in the "Work Experience" section on the application. We must be able to evaluate your experience based on this information.
• Clearly outline dates of employment and hours worked per week for each employment experience listed in the Work Experience section of the Application so that we can calculate full-time experience.
• The APPLICATION is the only document that will be utilized to determine if minimum qualifications, as outlined in the job posting, have been met. The Application is considered to be the legal document on file; resumes will not be reviewed for minimum qualification requirements.
• If an Application is considered "Incomplete", the application will be removed from consideration for the position.
• An Application is incomplete if no current/ previous employment is included in the Work Experience section of the Application.
• An Application is incomplete if "see resume" (or something similar) is noted, or previous employment does not contain job duties for every position in the Work Experience section of the Application.
• When a resume is listed as a required document, it may be used in the comparative analysis/ evaluation process to determine the candidates that most closely meet the qualifications of the position. This process occurs after an application has passed the minimum qualifications screening. **Please see the "Required Documents" section of the posting.
• Resumes will not be accepted in place of a complete application; however, resumes may still be required as a component of complete application materials.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Notice: Aims Community College is an equal opportunity employer. Selection will be based solely on merit and will be without discrimination based on age, sex, sexual orientation, race, religion, national origin, marital status or disability. The goal of Aims is to enhance the diversity present in the district we serve. To comply with Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, if hired you will be required to provide documents within 3 days of hire date to show your identity and your authorization to work. This law applies to all persons hired.
Screening/Selection: All applicants may apply on line at jobs.aims.edu. If you need assistance with this process please contact Human Resources.
Initial screening will be conducted by a committee based on completed application materials.
Please be prepared to submit the following if required:
• Cover Letter addressing qualifications relative to position requirements,
• Diversity Statement (your personal statement on diversity),
• Teaching Philosophy (for faculty positions only) and,
• Transcripts (if applicable). Official transcripts will be required if hired.
o Faculty: Applicants must submit academic transcripts from an accredited institution. Applicants who have degrees from outside of the United States must request a credential evaluation of their transcript. National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (www.naces.org) or Association of International Credential Evaluators (www.aice-eval.org) lists members who may be contacted for assistance in evaluating foreign credentials.
All application materials become the property of Aims Community College. All application materials must be submitted by the closing date posted. The screening committee will select finalists for interviews.
Quicklink for Posting http://jobs.aims.edu/postings/2148
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * For recruitment statistics, please list where you found this job posting.
- Aims Website
- Internal Posting
- Personal Referral
- Craig's List
- Denver Post
- Greeley Tribune
- Longmont Times
- Weld County Employment Service
- Other Source
- * What is the highest level of education attained?
- High School Diploma
- Associates Degree
- Bachelors Degree
- Masters Degree
- Life Experience only - no Diploma
- * The application instructions and information section on the application states that you must clearly document job duties performed that relate to minimum qualifications, etc. in the "Work Experience" section on the application. Please acknowledge that you have read and understand what is expected and that the initial review of applications will focus only on what is listed in the Work Experience section and not other required documents such as your resume.
- Yes, I meet the minimum qualifications and have documented this in the Work Experience section.
- No, I do not meet all of the minimum qualifications however I have documented my experience in the Work Experience section.
- Cover Letter
- Diversity Statement
- Other Document