The salary minimum for this position is $53,188.87 annually. Compensation is commensurate with education and experience.
Aims Community College, locally governed, locally funded, is a progressive community college with centralized administrative services located on the Greeley Campus which supports three additional locations. Situated on the Front Range of the Colorado Rockies, and enjoying 300+ days of sunshine a year, Aims Community College is student success oriented and prepares students for success in more than 160 degree and certificate programs. You are not just a number here at Aims Community College, our wonderful Staff, Faculty, and Administration work as a team to ensure excellent service and offer the most affordable tuition in the Front Range.
The Accountant III is an essential member of the Aims Community College's finance leadership team, including the Controller/Assistant Vice President of Finance, and Vice President of Finance. Together the team is responsible for accounting processing and financial reporting that effectively supports the education and student success mission of Aims Community College, while also complying with regulations and prudent fiscal practices. This position supports Aims' Controller in managing the day-to-day accounting activities for the Administrative Services department, as well as assisting the Controller on a variety of projects and analysis. This position must be able to exercise the judgment and have the skills necessary to fill in on essential functions in the absence of the Controller, or as a representative for the Controller. The ideal candidate will possess strong communication skills, team-working skills with an ability to build rapport, time management and research and analytical skills.
Duties, Roles and Responsibilities:
1. Provide consistent and accurate reporting for management's strategic decision making, and ensure the accuracy of information used in those decisions.
2. Assist and support accounting decisions in the cashier's office, payroll, banking, grants/foundation, and accounts payable so that systems and data are set up to support timely and accurate reporting.
3. Perform research and analysis, often using large data sets, for general accounting functions to document and improve business processes and controls.
4. Work closely with the Budget Director and other internal constituents to provide financial analysis, trends, and budget to actual reports in response to internal and external requests for information.
5. Assist the Controller during year-end closing and audit process.
6. Prepare reports and assist with projects as needed.
7. Review accounting information to identify and resolve inaccuracies or imbalances.
8. Prepare financial statements, MD&A, and related footnotes for auditor review. Respond to requests from auditors in a timely manner.
9. Evaluate areas of risk with the Controller to determine the most effective ways to protect College assets and prevent fraud.
10. Assist in formulation of internal controls and policies/procedures to comply with legislation and established best practices.
11. Serve as a resource and leader to fund accountants, campus business leaders, and campus functional users regarding accounting principles and effective processes.
12. Oversee and/or develop trainings for campus users to ensure consistent communication of policies and procedures. Update accountants and campus users on changes in practices.
13. Work closely with information technology to evaluate, test, and implement upgrades, enhancements, and/or new financial related software to increase the effectiveness of Banner and related systems' capabilities.
14. Maintain updated to chart of accounts and other finance related maintenance screens in Banner, including oversight of Banner and Xtender security access, and Banner approval queues.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a part/full-time basis.
Bachelor's degree in Accounting. Plus five (5) years progressive accounting experience based on the duties assigned in this description.
Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with a variety of internal and external constituents.
Master's Degree in Accounting, or CPA; or working on Master's or CPA.
Knowledge of Banner software.
Experience in Higher Education accounting.
8am - 5pm M-F
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
Initial applications will be reviewed on September 29, 2017.
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS AND INFORMATION
• Clearly document job duties performed that relate to minimum qualifications, preferred qualifications, and essential job duties in the "Work Experience" section on the application. We must be able to evaluate your experience based on this information.
• Clearly outline dates of employment and hours worked per week for each employment experience listed in the Work Experience section of the Application so that we can calculate full-time experience.
• The APPLICATION is the only document that will be utilized to determine if minimum qualifications, as outlined in the job posting, have been met. The Application is considered to be the legal document on file; resumes will not be reviewed for minimum qualification requirements.
• If an Application is considered "Incomplete", the application will be removed from consideration for the position.
• An Application is incomplete if no current/ previous employment is included in the Work Experience section of the Application.
• An Application is incomplete if "see resume" (or something similar) is noted, or previous employment does not contain job duties for every position in the Work Experience section of the Application.
• When a resume is listed as a required document, it may be used in the comparative analysis/ evaluation process to determine the candidates that most closely meet the qualifications of the position. This process occurs after an application has passed the minimum qualifications screening. **Please see the "Required Documents" section of the posting.
• Resumes will not be accepted in place of a complete application; however, resumes may still be required as a component of complete application materials.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Notice: Aims Community College is an equal opportunity employer. Selection will be based solely on merit and will be without discrimination based on age, sex, sexual orientation, race, religion, national origin, marital status or disability. The goal of Aims is to enhance the diversity present in the district we serve. To comply with Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, if hired you will be required to provide documents within 3 days of hire date to show your identity and your authorization to work. This law applies to all persons hired.
Screening/Selection: All applicants may apply on line at jobs.aims.edu. If you need assistance with this process please contact Human Resources.
Initial screening will be conducted by a committee based on completed application materials.
Please be prepared to submit the following if required:
• Cover Letter addressing qualifications relative to position requirements,
• Diversity Statement (your personal statement on diversity),
• Transcripts (if applicable). Official transcripts will be required if hired.
All application materials become the property of Aims Community College. All application materials must be submitted by the closing date posted. The screening committee will select finalists for interviews.
Quicklink for Posting http://jobs.aims.edu/postings/2399
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * What is the highest level of education attained?
- High School Diploma
- Associates Degree
- Bachelors Degree
- Masters Degree
- Professional Degree
- * The application instructions and information section on the application states that you must clearly document job duties performed that relate to minimum qualifications, etc. in the "Work Experience" section on the application. Please acknowledge that you have read and understand what is expected and that the initial review of applications will focus only on what is listed in the Work Experience section and not other required documents such as your resume.
- Yes, I meet the minimum qualifications and have documented this in the Work Experience section.
- No, I do not meet all of the minimum qualifications however I have documented my experience in the Work Experience section.
- * For recruitment statistics, please list where you found this job posting.
- Aims Website
- Internal Posting
- Personal Referral
- Craig's List
- Denver Post
- Greeley Tribune
- Longmont Times
- Weld County Employment Service
- Other Source
- Cover Letter
- Diversity Statement
- Curriculum Vitae
- Other Document