Part-Time Design and Graphic Technology Instructors
Job ID 601685
Location Green Bay
Department: College of Business
NWTC is seeking to build a pool of part-time instructors. Part-Time Instructors are an integral part of the College's staff, helping us provide all learners with the highest quality learning opportunities when, where and how they want it.
Upon successful submission of your application, you will be considered for future opportunities. NWTC will keep your application in our files as a POTENTIAL candidate who could possibly fill a position when or if the need arises.
LOCATION: Green Bay, WI
HOURS: Looking for pool of individuals to draw upon as needed; class times will vary.
SALARY: $39.00 per class hour contracted
POSITION REPORTS TO: Associate Dean, Business & Information Technology
This position is customer-focused and will require flexible scheduling and/or delivery to meet customer needs.
Northeast Wisconsin Technical College is committed to promoting a learning environment where employees and students of differing perspectives and cultural backgrounds pursue career and academic goals embraced in an environment of respect and shared inquiry.
The College is seeking to attract ethnically diverse instructors and staff who can inspire our increasingly diverse student population.
Required online application available on website: www.nwtc.edu
- Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in related field and two years of direct occupational experience required.
- At a minimum, occupational experience has to have occurred at least 1 year within the last 5 years.
- Occupational experience may include Graphic/Layout Designer, Electronic/Desktop Publishing Specialist Systems Manager--Desktop Design, Advertising Account Executive, Commercial Art Director, Media Manager, Pre-Press Manager, Public Relations Manager, Creative Director, Promotion Manager, Print Shop Manager, Print Coordinator, Copy Writer or Pre-flight Specialist.
- The candidate must possess the qualifications necessary to be designated a professionally qualified faculty member in accordance with AACSB standards.
- Previous teaching experience with adult learners is desirable.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to work non-standard hours including evenings and weekends.
GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for managing the instructional process, associated curriculum review and development and student advising within the area of instruction.
- Provide educational leadership and work effectively with faculty, administration, and campus support staff including workplace learning services to perform contract work.
- Specific duties and responsibilities will be discussed as needs arise within the different areas of instruction.
- Values - Demonstrate behaviors and action that support the College's values - Customer Focus, Everyone Has Worth, Passion and Inspiration, Collaboration, Emotional Intelligence, Results and Accountability, Valuing Talent and Well Being, and Ethics.
- Student Success - Demonstrate behaviors and actions that support student recruitment, retention, and student success initiatives.
- Active Listening - Ability to actively attend to, convey, and understand the comments and questions of others.
- Adaptability - Ability to adapt to new and emerging technologies and incorporate them into the curriculum
- Applied Learning - Ability to participate in needed learning activities in a way that makes the most of the learning experience. Learn and use technology and alternative delivery methods, including, but not limited to, online instruction and distance education.
- Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Communication, Written - Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
- Creative - Ability to think in such a way as to produce a new concept or idea.
- Diversity Oriented - Ability to work effectively with people regardless of their age, gender, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, socio-economic background, or job type.
- Enthusiastic - Ability to bring energy to the performance of a task.
- Flexibility - Ability to adapt quickly to changing demands, assignments and circumstances.
- Interpersonal - Ability to get along well with a variety of personalities and individuals.
- Motivation - Ability to inspire oneself and others to reach a goal and/or perform to the best of their ability.
- Problem Solving - Ability to find a solution for or to deal proactively with work-related problems.
- Technical Aptitude - Ability to use essential technology and software for instructional and communication purposes.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: (The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.) While performing the duties of this job, the instructor will be exposed to normal office conditions and usual office equipment such as telephone, personal computer, printers/copiers, videos, overhead projects, and general tools of the trade. The employee will be constantly required to sit, talk, hear, and type/write. The employee will be frequently required to stand, walk, touch/handle/grasp (using hands and fingers), and reach with hands and arms. The employee will frequently be required to lift up to 75 pounds of equipment, and push or pull up to 150 pounds. Some instructor positions may be exposed to outdoors, fumes, noises, extreme temperatures, confined spaces and heights. Some instructor positions require driving a vehicle. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, far, sharpness of vision, and field of vision. This position requires regular and punctual employee presence.
NWTC does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, disability, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or other protected classes.