Part-Time, Substation Electrical Apprentice Instructors
Job ID 601527
Location Green Bay
LOCATION: Green Bay, WI
HOURS: Hours vary and can include day, evening, and weekend classes. Classes to start for Fall/August 2016
SALARY: $39.00 per class hour contracted
This position is customer-focused and will require flexible scheduling and/or delivery to meet customer needs.
Location: Northeast Wisconsin Technical College, Human Resources, 2740 West Mason Street, Green Bay, WI 54307- 9042. All postings are considered current and available until removed from the website.
- Associate in similar field or Registered Journey-worker's certificate in subject area and five years of direct occupational experience.
- WORKING TITLES WHICH PROVIDE THE OCCUPATIONAL EXPERIENCE NECESSARY TO FUNCTION AS AN INSTRUCTOR
- * Substation Electrician
- At minimum, occupational experience has to have occurred at least 1 year within the last 5 years.
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Responsible for managing the instruction process, associated curriculum review and development, and student advising within the area of instruction.
- Areas of instruction to be covered could include (but not limited to): SUBSTATION ELEC APPR TRNG 1 ...substation electricians inspect, test, repair and maintain high and medium voltage electrical equipment related to power transmission and distribution, with a specialization on substations.
Handling / Fingering
Reach Above Shoulder
Squat or Kneel
10 lbs or less
Over 100 lbs
12 lbs or less
N (Not Applicable)
Activity is not applicable to this occupation.
Occupation requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0 - 2.5+ hrs/day)
Occupation requires this activity from 33% - 66% of the time (2.5 - 5.5+ hrs/day)
Occupation requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5+ hrs/day)
Other Physical Requirements
Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) (Safety Protection as needed for the job.)
The College has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the position described. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate. This document does not represent a contract of employment, and the College reserves the right to change this job description and/or assign tasks for the employee to perform, as the College may deem appropriate.
NWTC does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, disability, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or other protected classes.