Part-Time, Machine Tool/CNC Instructors
Job ID 601482
Location Green Bay
NWTC is seeking to build a pool of part-time instructors/trainers. Part-Time Instructors are an integral part of the College's staff, helping us provide all learners with the highest quality learning opportunities when, where and how they want it.
Upon successful submission of your application, you will be considered for future opportunities. NWTC will keep your application in our files as a POTENTIAL candidate who could possibly fill a position when or if the need arises.
LOCATION: Green Bay, WI
HOURS: NWTC is looking for a pool of individuals to draw upon as needed; class times will vary.
SALARY: $39.00 per class hour contracted with flexibility based on experience
POSITION REPORTS TO: Manager, Corporate Training & Economic Development
Required online application available on website: www.nwtc.edu/jobs
E-mail address: email@example.com
Location: Northeast Wisconsin Technical College, Human Resources, 2740 West Mason Street, Green Bay, WI 54307-9042. All postings are considered current and available until removed from the website.
This position is customer-focused and will require flexible scheduling and/or delivery to meet customer needs.
GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
NWTC is seeking Machine Tool Part-Time Instructors to deliver high-impact training and technical assistance to area businesses. Responsibilities include:
- Based on business needs, develop training strategies in Machine Tool, Blueprint Reading and CNC/CAM.
- Manage classroom and shop/lab to ensure a productive and safe learning environment.
- Work collaboratively with employers to ensure the curriculum and learning outcomes prepare employees/students for success at work.
- Determine the appropriate tools, techniques, methodologies and timing of improvement activities to meet business objectives.
- Plan, prepare, and execute training strategies by facilitating classes, providing technical assistance, and/or individual coaching.
- Develop customized participant training materials, active learning activities and events.
- Work closely with business leadership to develop key performance measurements.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Strong organizational skills, interpersonal skills, teamwork, and ability to prioritize multiple tasks while remaining customer-focused
- Ability to work independently, remain flexible in a fast-paced environment, and handle customer issues in a timely manner.
- A Technical Diploma in Machine Tool or relate field OR Journey-worker's certificate and five years of direct occupational experience.
- At a minimum, occupational experience has to have occurred at least 1 year within the last 5 years.
- Knowledge of conventional machine tools including drill press, engine lathe, horizontal and vertical milling machine and surface grinders, also CNC, EDM and CAM equipment highly desirable.
- Must hold a valid driver's license and be insurable under the District's standard insurance policy terms.
- Microsoft Word and PowerPoint
- Competency in adult-focused learning.
All application materials are only accepted online: resumes, cover letters, transcripts, etc., must be attached to the application at the time of submission. You are unable to go back after an application is submitted to add, delete or change any information, other than address, phone number, and e-mail.
NWTC does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, disability, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or other protected classes.