Part-Time, Academic Coaching Assistants (Writing)
Job ID 601578
Location Green Bay
NWTC is seeking to build a pool of Academic Coaching Assistant's to tutor students within a variety of offered courses at Northeast Wisconsin Technical College. Academic Coaching Assistants are an integral part of the College's staff, helping us provide all learners with the highest quality learning opportunities when, where and how they want it.
Upon successful submission of your application, you will be considered for future Academic Coaching Assistant opportunities. NWTC will keep your application in our files as a POTENTIAL candidate who could possibly fill a position when or if the need arises.
LOCATION: Green Bay, WI
HOURS: Hours vary and can include day and/or evening hours.
ANTICIPATED START DATE: NWTC is seeking to build a pool of Academic Coaching Assistants for Writing to provide assistance in the NWTC Writing Lab. The start date would depend on the Coaching Assistant's availability.
POSITION REPORTS TO: Manager, Assessment and Academic Coaching
Current UWGB, St. Norbert, and NWTC College students encouraged to apply.
Location: Northeast Wisconsin Technical College, Human Resources, 2740 West Mason Street, Green Bay, WI 54307-9042. All postings are considered current and available until removed from the website.
Northeast Wisconsin Technical College is committed to promoting a learning environment where employees and students of differing perspectives and cultural backgrounds pursue career and academic goals embraced in an environment of respect and shared inquiry
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: High school graduate and a minimum of a B in college-level composition course(s). Experience with other English/composition related courses preferred.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Demonstrate an understanding of academic writing.
- Provide academic support to students in writing classes or with writing tasks.
- Support multiple students in an open lab environment.
- Collect attendance and enter all students tracking & time submission after each session.
- Model and maintain a professional attitude towards staff, instructors, and students.
- Provide the Tutor Coordinator and Academic Coach with up-to-date availability.
- Attend all training and refresher training as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND WORK EXPERIENCE
- Referral from course instructor preferred.
- Organizational skills, creativity and independent judgment.
- Dependable, punctual, and committed to following through on tasks.
- Effective written and oral communication skills required.
- Sensitivity to the needs of students.
- Must adhere to confidentiality of students.
- Demonstrate ethical conduct in all aspects of the work environment.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the functions identified in the job description.
- Values - Demonstrate behaviors and action that support the College's values - Customer Focus, Everyone Has Worth, Passion and Inspiration, Collaboration, Emotional Intelligence, Results and Accountability, Valuing Talent and Well Being, and Ethics.
- Student Success - Demonstrate behaviors and actions that support student recruitment, retention, and student success initiatives.
- Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Communication, Written - Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
- Time Management - Ability to utilize the available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines.
- Adaptability - Ability to adapt to change in the workplace.
- Customer Oriented - Ability to take care of the customers' needs while following company procedures.
- Problem Solving - Ability to find a solution for or to deal proactively with work-related problems.
- Tactful - Ability to show consideration for and maintain good relations with others.
- Decision Making - Ability to make critical decisions while following company procedures.
Handling / Fingering
Reach Above Shoulder
N (Not Applicable)
N (Not Applicable)
Squat or Kneel
10 lbs or less
Over 100 lbs
N (Not Applicable)
12 lbs or less
N (Not Applicable)
N (Not Applicable) Activity is not applicable to this occupation.
O (Occasionally) Occupation requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0 - 2.5+ hrs/day)
F (Frequently) Occupation requires this activity from 33% - 66% of the time (2.5 - 5.5+ hrs/day)
C (Constantly) Occupation requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5+ hrs/day)
The College has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the position described. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate. This document does not represent a contract of employment, and the College reserves the right to change this job description and/or assign tasks for the employee to perform, as the College may deem appropriate.
EOE-NWTC does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, disability, sex, national origin, or other protected status.