Part-Time, Accounting Instructors - (Marinette, WI)
Job ID 601358
Department: Business & Information Technology / Marinette, WI
Job Order 601358
May 12, 2015
LOCATION: Marinette, WI
HOURS: Looking for pool of individuals to draw upon as needed; class times will vary. Classes to start Fall 2015
SALARY: $39.00 per hour for Bachelor's, Master's degree and PhD
POSITION REPORTS TO: Associate Dean, Business & Information Technology
This position is customer-focused and will require flexible scheduling and/or delivery to meet customer needs.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college and two years of direct occupational experience required in an occupation related to Accountant, Staff Accountant, Public Accountant, or Cost Accountant; CPA desirable
- Must be eligible for certification under the Administrative Code of the Wisconsin Technical College System (WTCS).
- Previous teaching experience with adult learners is desirable.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to work non-standard hours including evenings and weekends.
GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for managing the instructional process, associated curriculum review and development and student advising within the area of instruction.
- Provide educational leadership and work effectively with faculty, administration, and campus support staff including workplace learning services to perform contract work.
- Specific duties and responsibilities will be discussed as needs arise within the different areas of instruction.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: (The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.) While performing the duties of this job, the instructor will be exposed to normal office conditions and usual office equipment such as telephone, personal computer, printers/copiers, videos, overhead projects, and general tools of the trade. The employee will be constantly required to sit, talk, hear, and type/write. The employee will be frequently required to stand, walk, touch/handle/grasp (using hands and fingers), and reach with hands and arms. The employee will frequently be required to lift up to 75 pounds of equipment, and push or pull up to 150 pounds. Some instructor positions may be exposed to outdoors, fumes, noises, extreme temperatures, confined spaces and heights. Some instructor positions require driving a vehicle. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, far, sharpness of vision, and field of vision. This position requires regular and punctual employee presence.
All application materials are only accepted online: resumes, cover letters, etc., must be attached to the application at the time of submission. You are unable to go back after an application is submitted to add, delete or change any information, other than address, phone number, and e-mail. Transcripts, however, may be added at any time.
EOE-NWTC does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, disability, sex, national origin, or other protected status.