Applicant Pool - Health Sciences Instructors, Part-Time
Job ID 600876
Location Green Bay
Full/Part Time Part-Time
October 1, 2012 - Updated August 4, 2015
Job Order 600876
NWTC is seeking to build a pool of part-time instructors to teach in various programs within Health Sciences. Part-Time faculty are an integral part of the College's staff, helping us provide all learners with the highest quality learning opportunities when, where and how they want it.
Upon successful submission of your application, you will be considered for future opportunities. NWTC will keep your application in our files as a POTENTIAL candidate who could possibly fill a position when or if the need arises.
LOCATION: District Wide. Classes could be held in Green Bay, Marinette, Wausaukee, and/or Sturgeon Bay or surrounding areas.
HOURS: Hours vary and can include day, evening, and weekend classes
SALARY: $39.00 per class hour contracted
POSITION REPORTS TO: Associate Dean, Health Sciences
This position is customer-focused and will require flexible scheduling and/or delivery to meet customer needs.
NOTE: Interested applicants should indicate their area of interest, desired location, and identify specific availability to teach on their resume.
- Certified Medication Assistant
- Clinical Laboratory Technician
- Diagnostic Medical Sonography
- Electronics (with optional Biomedical Specialty)
- Medical Assistant
- Nursing Assistant
- Nursing Associate Degree
- Physical Therapist Assistant
- Practical Nursing
- Respiratory Therapist
- Surgical Technologist
- Health Care Business Services
- Health Information Technology
- Pharmacy Technician (CMS - shared with LTC)
NWTC look to hire those
- … who are passionate about the work they do and have the desire to inspire students and
- … who embrace the NWTC Values: Customer Focus, Everyone Has Worth, Passion and
- … who are INDUSTRY/OCCUPATIONAL experts. At a minimum, required occupational experience has to have occurred at least 1 year within the last 5 years.
- Minimum educational and occupational experience fluctuate between programs. Please refer to specific online postings when possible for specific/additional requirements.
- Previous teaching experience with adult learners is desirable.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to work non-standard hours including evenings and weekends.
- Additional certifications may be preferred or required based on the discipline being taught.
GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for managing the instructional process, associated curriculum review and development and student advising within the area of instruction.
- Provide educational leadership and work effectively with faculty, administration, and campus support staff including workplace learning services to perform contract work.
- Specific duties and responsibilities will be discussed as needs arise within the different areas of instruction.
NOTE: NWTC's Center for Instructional Excellence offers a variety of adjunct orientations and provides valuable training tools for all instructors.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: (The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.) While performing the duties of this job, the instructor will be exposed to normal office conditions and usual office equipment such as telephone, personal computer, printers/copiers, videos, overhead projects, and general tools of the trade. The employee will be constantly required to sit, talk, hear, and type/write. The employee will be frequently required to stand, walk, touch/handle/grasp (using hands and fingers), and reach with hands and arms. The employee will frequently be required to lift up to 75 pounds of equipment, and push or pull up to 150 pounds. Some instructor positions may be exposed to outdoors, fumes, noises, extreme temperatures, confined spaces and heights. Some instructor positions require driving a vehicle. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, far, sharpness of vision, and field of vision. This position requires regular and punctual employee presence.
All application materials are only accepted online: resumes, cover letters, etc., must be attached to the application at the time of submission. You are unable to go back after an application is submitted to add, delete or change any information, other than address, phone number, and e-mail. Transcripts, however, may be added at any time.
EOE-NWTC does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, disability, sex, national origin, or other protected status.