Part-Time, Masonry Instructors
Job ID 601597
Location Green Bay
NWTC is seeking to build a pool of part-time instructors. Part-Time Instructors are an integral part of the College's staff, helping us provide all learners with the highest quality learning opportunities when, where and how they want it.
Upon successful submission of your application, you will be considered for future adjunct faculty opportunities. NWTC will keep your application in our files as a POTENTIAL candidate who could possibly fill a position when or if the need arises.
LOCATION: Green Bay, WI
HOURS: Looking for pool of individuals to draw upon as needed for day/evening classes
SALARY: $39.00 per hour
POSITION REPORTS TO: Associate Dean, Construction & Transportation
This position is customer-focused and will require flexible scheduling and/or delivery to meet customer needs.
Northeast Wisconsin Technical College is committed to promoting a learning environment where employees and students of differing perspectives and cultural backgrounds pursue career and academic goals embraced in an environment of respect and shared inquiry
Required online application available on website: www.nwtc.edu/jobs
Location: Northeast Wisconsin Technical College, Human Resources, 2740 West Mason Street, Green Bay, WI 54307- 9042. All postings are considered current and available until removed from the website.
- Completion of Apprenticeship Program or Journey Workers Certification.
- Minimum of 5 years direct occupational work experience. (i.e., Journey-level Bricklayer, Journey-level Bricklayer / Blocksetter, Journey-level Bricklayer / Mason, Journey-level Bricklayer and Concrete Block Mason)
- At minimum, occupational experience has to have occurred at least 1 year within the last 5 years.
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Responsible for managing the instruction process, associated curriculum review and development, and student advising within the area of instruction.
- Must be willing to commit to all required course contact hours, for each class assignment as scheduled.
- Responsible for maintaining curriculum rigor in alignment with state requirements.
- Required to manage the instructional process, to include but not limited to: course preparation, student attendance records, student assessment, grading, and must be accessible to students outside of scheduled classroom time (to include electronic communications as well as in-person meetings).
PHYSICAL DEMANDS:The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the instructor will be exposed to normal office conditions and usual office equipment such as telephone, personal computer, printers/copiers, videos, overhead projects, and general tools of the trade.The employee will be constantly required to sit, talk, hear, and type/write.The employee will be frequently required to stand, walk, touch/handle/grasp (using hands and fingers), and reach with hands and arms.The employee must occasionally bend or squat and lift and/or push up to 10 pounds of general office items.Some instructor positions may be exposed to outdoors, fumes, noises, extreme temperatures, confined spaces and heights.Some instructor positions require driving a vehicle.Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, far, sharpness of vision, and field of vision.
All application materials are only accepted online: resumes, cover letters, etc., must be attached to the application at the time of submission. You are unable to go back after an application is submitted to add, delete or change any information, other than address, phone number, and e-mail. Transcripts, however, may be added at any time.
NWTC does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, disability, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or other protected classes.