Part-Time, Marine WELDING Instructors
Job ID 601130
Location Green Bay
Job Order 601130
February 12, 2014 updated August 10, 2015
Department: Corporate Training & Economic Development
Reports To: Supervisor, North Coast Marine Manufacturing Training Center
LOCATION: North Coast Marine Manufacturing Training Center, Marinette
STANDARD HOURS: Hours vary and can include day, evening, and weekend classes. Anticipated start date of late February 2014
SALARY: $39.00 per hour
This position is customer-focused and will require flexible scheduling and/or delivery to meet customer needs.
- Bachelor's Degree and two years successful direct occupational experience preferred, or an equivalent combination of education and directly related work experience required.
WORKING TITLES WHICH PROVIDE THE OCCUPATIONAL EXPERIENCE NECESSARY TO FUNCTION AS AN INSTRUCTOR *
- Shipfitter Welder
- Pipe Welder / Pipefitter
- Welding Leadperson
- Structural Welder
- Welder Fabricator
- Maintenance Welder
- Welder Fitter
- Job Shop Welder
- Must be eligible for certification under the Administrative Code of the Wisconsin Technical College System (WTCS).
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Responsible for managing the instruction process, associated curriculum review and development, and student advising within the area of instruction.
- Provide welding instruction which is customized to meet the needs of a marine manufacturing organization in a flexible work based environment on/or off campus
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Metallurgy experience preferred.
Must pass Practical Welding Testing
Recognized Welding Certifications preferred, such as Certified Welding Inspector (CWI), Certified Welding Educator (CWE), and ASNT SNT-TC-1A Level 3.
- Previous teaching experience with adult learners is desired.
- Ability to assist students with a variety of technical course material in an open, self-directed, trainer assisted manufacturing technology environment.
- Knowledge and familiarity of ABS American Bureau of Rules; Steel Vessel Rules, Rules of Building and Classing Aluminum Vessels, Guide for Building and Classing High Speed Naval Craft preferred.
- Knowledge of shipyard terminology/orientation preferred.
- Knowledge of and familiarity with Naval Fabrication Documents - Welder, Structural and Pipe Systems, ABS Surface Ship, and MMC Workmanship documents preferred.
- Manage classroom and shop/lab by performing preventative maintenance on all equipment. This includes updating guards and safety modifications per OSHA regulations which ensure a productive and safe learning environment.
- May need to conduct weld tests to applicable code and assignments training and testing in business and industry.
- Develop and deliver customized welding training required to weld within a naval vessel.
- Request equipment and supplies for the purpose of maintaining inventory and ensuring availability of required items and monitor budget expenditures.
- Must be able to weld out of position.
- Ability to work non-standard hours including evenings and weekends.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
Handling / Fingering
Reach Above Shoulder
Squat or Kneel
10 lbs or less
Over 100 lbs
12 lbs or less
N (Not Applicable)
Activity is not applicable to this occupation.
Occupation requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0 - 2.5+ hrs/day)
Occupation requires this activity from 33% - 66% of the time (2.5 - 5.5+ hrs/day)
Occupation requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5+ hrs/day)
Other Physical Requirements
Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) (Safety Protection as needed for the job.)
Exposure to dust, fumes and noise is part of the work environment.
The College has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the position described. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate. This document does not represent a contract of employment, and the College reserves the right to change this job description and/or assign tasks for the employee to perform, as the College may deem appropriate.
EOE-NWTC does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, disability, sex, national origin, or other protected status.