Part-Time, AODA-Human Services Instructors
Job ID 601515
Location Green Bay
LOCATION: Green Bay, WI
HOURS: Hours vary and can include day, evening, and weekend classes. Classes to start for Fall/August 2016
SALARY: $39.00 per class hour contracted
POSITION REPORTS TO: Dean, Public Safety
This position is customer-focused and will require flexible scheduling and/or delivery to meet customer needs.
Required online application available on website: www.nwtc.edu/jobs
Location: Northeast Wisconsin Technical College, Human Resources, 2740 West Mason Street, Green Bay, WI 54307- 9042. All postings are considered current and available until removed from the website.
- Minimum of an Associate Degree in related field with four years of successful direct occupational experience, a Bachelor's degree in related field and two years of directly related occupational experience preferred.
- At minimum, occupational experience has to have occurred at least 1 year within the last 5 years.
WORKING TITLES WHICH PROVIDE THE OCCUPATIONAL EXPERIENCE NECESSARY TO FUNCTION AS AN INSTRUCTOR *
- AODA (Alcohol and Other Drug Abuse) Counselor / Administrator
- Social Worker
- Student/Employee Assistance Program Counselor / Coordinator
- Certified teachers Department of Public Instruction (DPI)
- Secondary Health Educators
- Prevention Specialist
- AOD (Alcohol and Other Drug) / Health Coordinator
- Public Health Educators
- Correction Officers
* All job titles must include at least 4,000 hours of AODA (Alcohol and Other Drug Abuse) experience.
- Licensed Clinical Substance Abuse Counselor in the state of Wisconsin
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Other certification(s) that would be helpful, but are not required include:
- Certified by WI Department of Transportation for Traffic Safety Point Reduction, Group Dynamics and Multiple Offender Program
- Substance Abuse Counselor (SAC)
- Clinical Substance Abuse Counselor (CSAC)
- Substance Abuse Specialty (SAS)
- Responsible for managing the instruction process, associated curriculum review and development, and student advising within the area of instruction.
- Areas of instruction to be covered could include (but not limited to): Psychopharmacology, Overview of Mental Disorders, Understanding Substance Abuse, AODA Assessment and Diagnosis, Personal & Professional Development and/or Intro to Counseling Theory
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the instructor will be exposed to normal office conditions and usual office equipment such as telephone, personal computer, printers/copiers, videos, overhead projects, and general tools of the trade. The employee will be constantly required to sit, talk, hear, and type/write. The employee will be frequently required to stand, walk, touch/handle/grasp (using hands and fingers), and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally bend or squat and lift and/or push up to 10 pounds of general office items. Some instructor positions may be exposed to outdoors, fumes, noises, extreme temperatures, confined spaces and heights. Some instructor positions require driving a vehicle. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, far, sharpness of vision, and field of vision.
This position requires regular and punctual employee presence.
All application materials are only accepted online: resumes, cover letters, etc., must be attached to the application at the time of submission. You are unable to go back after an application is submitted to add, delete or change any information, other than address, phone number, and e-mail. Transcripts, however, may be added at any time.
NWTC does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, disability, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or other protected classes.