Gift Processing and Data Management Associate (1767)
As a member of Institutional Advancement (IA), the Gift Processing and Data Management Associate is an essential partner in enhancing the visibility and philanthropic support of Pratt Institute. This position provides gift processing, record management, database and technology support to the Advancement Operations team, supporting the management of revenues, database functions and general operations of the IA office.
Gift Processing & Record Management
- Process all gifts received by Institutional Advancement, including but not limited to:
- Opening, sorting, and preparing gift mail.
- Depositing all checks and cash received by Institutional Advancement
- Coordinating credit card gifts and online gift processing.
- Coordinating matching gift requests and payroll deductions.
- Managing recurring donor gift payment schedules.
- Monitoring Pratt's gift account for wire transfers and contacting relevant parties for supporting documentation.
- Prepare and enter daily gift data batches, including but not limited to:
- Reviewing received revenue to ensure complete documentation.
- Preparing documentation for scanning and entering into batch.
- Preparing gift adjustments.
- Provide preliminary gift documentation daily to department fundraisers to secure additional documentation as needed in order to ensure accuracy of entry and timeliness of donor acknowledgments.
- Produce gift receipts through The Raiser's Edge (RE), working closely with Donor Relations.
- Track payments on pledges for routine review by Advancement Operations and Donor Relations.
- Audit gift deposits within 24-48 hours of RE batch committal; conduct monthly reconciliations with the Controller's Office.
- Manage requests for creating new constituent records and maintaining existing records in The Raiser's Edge.
- Complete special data entry projects and oversee graduate assistant data entry.
- Perform biographic and demographic updates of records in The Raiser's Edge database, including annual imports.
- Coordinate procedures for retention, retrieval, and disposal of gift and donor records.
Database & Technology Support
- Run queries and exports for interdepartmental data requests.
- Assist in the production and maintenance of reports as needed.
- Enter and manage event data.
- Perform weekly clean-up queries.
- Support the administration of Blackbaud NetCommunity as needed.
- Assist in the implementation and maintenance of new database modules and database technology and work with database team to research new software.
- Work with database team to develop internal policy documentation and training materials.
- Receive and distribute mail for all IA staff. Manage IA mailboxes.
- Process returned mail in Raiser's Edge as per procedure.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor's degree required, Master's (or Master's candidate) in related field preferred.
Experience: Minimum one year of relevant experience, preferably in a development or information technology field.
Knowledge and Skills: Excel proficiency required; familiarity with Raiser's Edge, Access, or other relational database software desired; familiarity with Crystal Reports or other reporting software desired.
Other: Must be well organized and possess attention to detail. Must have demonstrated ability to use good judgment and critical thinking. Must be willing to learn new software applications. Ability to establish and maintain working relationships with staff from diverse backgrounds, as well as demonstrate sensitivity to cross-cultural perspectives and experiences.
Please submit your cover letter, resume including salary history and requirements, and the names and contact information for three professional references.
PRATT INSTITUTE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND RECOGNIZES AND VALUES THE BENEFITS OF A DIVERSE WORKFORCE