Part Time Dual Enrollment Assistant
Part Time Dual Enrollment Assistant
Position Number: 53004033
Benefits Eligible: No
Campus Location: Gainesville
Job Close Date: 10/09/2017
Salary Minimum: $13.73 / hour
General Summary: The University of North Georgia is currently accepting applications for a Part Time Dual Enrollment Assistant. The part-time Dual Enrollment Assistant is responsible for administrative tasks supporting UNG's Dual Enrollment Program. The Assistant reports directly to the Coordinator of Dual Enrollment.
Located in the fastest-growing region of the state, the University of North Georgia is a multi-campus university with an enrollment of over 19,000 students, making it one of the largest institutions in the University System of Georgia. UNG is focused on a mission of educational excellence, leadership development and community engagement opportunities that develop students into leaders for a diverse and global society. Through a variety of educational pathways that provide access and range from certificates and associate degrees to a professional doctoral program, UNG is responsive to regional education and economic development needs. Federally designated as a senior military college, one of the university's signature leadership programs is its 800-member Corps of Cadets on UNG's Dahlonega Campus.
Job Duties & Responsibilities: The Part Time Dual Enrollment Assistant will:
- Oversee the UNG DE book distribution by using Ellucian Banner Common Report 5010 to run Dual Enrollment semester booklist reports, send emails to Dual Enrollment students concerning books and distribute book information policy.
- Assist with annual Dual Enrollment data collection.
- Approve Dual Enrollment classes in the electronic reporting system for eligible postsecondary institutions (SURFER); approve UNG Dual Enrollment classes through Georgia Transfer Articulation Cooperative Services (GATRACS).
- Prepare information packets and maintain high school counselor lists
- Schedule Dual Enrollment Advisor Lync meetings.
- Answer general dual enrollment program questions
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must have demonstrated ability to establish and maintain exemplary working relationships with students or customers and a strong background as a team player
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, ability to work under minimal supervision and manage multiple tasks
- Strong background working with diversity
Certifications/Licenses & Minimum Requirements:
- Associate Degree required; Bachelor Degree preferred
- One year clerical experience required; experience working with high school students preferred
- Experience with Microsoft Office required
- Banner experience preferred
Required Documents: Cover Letter, Resume/Curriculum Vitae, Unofficial Transcripts
Special Instructions to Applicants: Please submit contact information for three professional references.
Employer Information: All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation, as determined by the University of North Georgia in its sole discretion. The University of North Georgia, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sex or national origin, age, disability, religion, genetics or veteran status. Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.
We provide equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, protected veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.
The University of North Georgia is committed to providing equal opportunity to all qualified applicants without discrimination at the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, sex, age, disability or handicap as a matter of college policy and as required by applicable state and federal laws.