Sr. EEO Compliance Specialist
Job Number 201708290721
Full/Part Time Full Time
Schedule 8AM - 5PM
Salary Commensurate with Experience
Under the direction of the Director of Equal Employment & Affirmative Action, this position is responsible for the development, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation of the equal employment programs and affirmative action compliance.
Education Requirements DegreeRequirement Bachelor's degree in related area and/or equivalent experience/training. Required
ExperienceRequirement Minimum of 8 years of related experience. Required Experience researching, interpreting and analyzing policy and procedural data to produce recommendations that inform executive-level decision making. Required
Demonstrates advanced level of political and organizational acumen.
Demonstrates advanced knowledge of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action programs and applies it to the completion of diverse equal employment opportunity assignments.
Demonstrates advanced judgment and technical experience in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions and developing recommendations.
General knowledge of the principles and practices of a wide range of human resources functions, including recruitment, employment, classification, compensation, and labor relations.
Possesses advanced level skills required to gather, organize and perform analysis on diverse equal employment opportunity/affirmative action programs and initiatives as well as those to present findings and make recommendations that are significant to a department or unit, verbally and in writing.
In-depth knowledge of applicable state and federal laws as they pertain to employment and EEO requirements.
Has in-depth knowledge of organizational policies and procedures; knowledge of functional area and understands how work may impact other areas.
In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey.
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview
Job Description Details
View complete Job Description for this position