Fire, EMS and Hazardous Materials Coordinator (Full-Time)
Location: Lakeshore Technical College - Cleveland, Wisconsin
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Employment/Salary Classification: Full-Time Exempt Position - Annual Salary Base Begins at $59,545
Purpose: Responsible for the coordination of all Fire, EMS, and Hazardous Materials related activities within the Public Safety Division. Initiate and implement courses, workshops, seminars, business contracts, and technical assistance opportunities for EMS, Fire, and Hazardous Materials.
• Develop and implement the Fire, EMS, and Hazardous Materials educational plans to meet district customers' needs.
• Possess the knowledge and skills of a master teacher and demonstrate a strong commitment to quality management and team-building concepts.
• Responsible for communication, decision-making, and teamwork to carry out the expectations of the College and community.
• Ensure curricular compliance with WTCS, DHS, NREMT, NIEHS, and CoAEMP requirements.
• Serve as Program Director for the paramedic program's CAAHEP accreditation and the National Institute for Environmental Health Science's HWWTP grant.
• Support part time faculty in lesson plan and learning activity development.
• Provide leadership and coach appropriate adjunct faculty.
• Develop and maintain contact with external advisory, professional and/or technical associations and general public.
• Represent LTC at WTCS state called fire and EMS meetings and regional and national hazardous materials meetings.
• Develop and maintain contact with fire and EMS departments of the district and other WTCS coordinators.
• Provide 160 hours of instruction within the fire, EMS, and/or hazardous materials disciplines.
• Provide 5 Star Service throughout all customer interactions.
Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these staff. Responsibilities include design position responsibilities, interview, hire, and train employees; plan, assign, and direct work; supervise, mentor, and develop staff through the Employee Performance review; reward and discipline employees. Carry out managerial responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws to include; develop plan(s) and budget for department, address staff and student issues in an effective and timely manner, be an active advocate for LTC in the community, and be active in the college by serving on committees.
Beginning October 06, 2017
Closing Applications will be accepted until the position is filled; however, to ensure full consideration, application should be submitted for receipt no later than December 31, 1969
LTC's Non-Discrimination Statement
LTC does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability or age in employment, admissions, or its programs or activities. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the College's nondiscrimination policies:
Chief Human Resources Officer/Affirmative Action Officer
Lakeshore Technical College
1290 North Avenue
Cleveland, WI 53015
Persons requiring an accommodation to access the colleges programs, services and/or employment should call LTC at (920) 693-1000, (888) GO TO LTC (888-468-6582), or TTY 711.