Media/Communications Specialist, Graphic Design - University Housing (A1700602)
Media Communications Specialist Graphic Design Communication & Marketing
Housing Information & Marketing
University Housing, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Applications are now being accepted for The Media Communications Specialist Graphic Design. This position is responsible for conceiving, creating, and designing educational, informational and promotional materials that support the operations and activities of University Housing.
We are seeking individuals with diverse backgrounds who can help create and foster communities that strive toward this vision. This includes supporting the academic mission of the University by developing environments conducive to student learning and academic success, respecting, appreciating, and advocating for the diversity of our student population, and supporting the holistic development of all of our students.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Designs and creates marketing communication materials that include, but are not limited to, posters, flyers, brochures, catalogs, newsletters, displays, outdoor and environmental signage, digital signage, social media, and web pages.
- Work as part of a creative team that may include student and full-time Communication and Marketing staff. Coordinates student interview process and work of student designers.
- Provides graphic design direction for University Housing.
- Collaborate with Communication and Marketing's Video Production Specialist to plan and conceptualize photographic sessions, and take photographs as needed.
- Incorporates photographs and traditional illustration as well as digital artwork into graphic design projects.
- Understands thoroughly all aspects of print production, including sustainability concerns.
- Meets project deadlines and has a critical eye for detail.
- Organizes projects with short-term timelines as well as longer-range planning and project management.
- Meets with clients to identify and discuss marketing problems that require graphic design solutions.
- Prepares and gives presentations to clients and potential clients.
- Updates the University Housing web site and social media.
- Creates identity packages as determined by the Senior Assistant Director for Communication and Marketing, and contributes to the integrated marketing plans of University Housing.
- Meets regularly with clients to review Marketing objectives and design solutions.
- Prioritizes projects as they relate to use of design time.
- Accepts other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Senior Assistant Director for Communication and Marketing.
Bachelor's degree in graphic design or related field required with at least two years of graphic design experience. The position requires a thorough knowledge of graphic design methods and any technological changes affecting the profession. Appropriate computer and software skills are expected. Day-to-day work requires the ability to organize and coordinate multiple projects.
This is a full-time, 12-month position. The starting date will be as soon as possible after the closing date. Salary is commensurate with experience, and includes an excellent benefits package.
For full consideration, create your candidate profile at https://jobs.illinois.edu and upload a cover letter, resume and contact information for three professional references by October 23, 2017. Please contact a member of the Housing Human Resources team at email@example.com with any questions you may have.
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University's commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu
College Name or Administrative Unit: University Housing
Category: Academic Professional
Title: Media/Communications Specialist, Graphic Design - University Housing (A1700602)
Open Date: 09/25/2017
Close Date: 10/23/2017
Organization Name: Housing Division