Assistant Registrar - Curriculum
Oversees all aspects of the curriculum development and catalog maintenance, including academic policies and degree requirements, for the Office of the Registrar. Responsible for maintaining degree audit and advising module and for overseeing the degree audit process.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES AND GOALS
- Primary contact for academic department and program chairs, the Associate Deans, and the Academic Planning Committee (APC) regarding degree and major/minor requirements as approved by the faculty.
- Maintain the college catalog by updating new and revised course descriptions, major and minor program updates, and academic policy changes.
- Coordinator and primary contact for students and academic advisors regarding degree audits, including Core, major, and minor requirements, which ensure student progress toward the Bachelor of Arts degree.
- Update and maintain the degree audit and advising module, a responsibility requiring a high degree of detail and involving updating all major/minor requirements as they appear in the catalog for each academic year. Review the information for accurate auditing and for clearest output.
- Maintain student records with regard to requirements within the degree audit and advising program. Record approved course substitutions and transfer courses as needed.
- Collect all applications for the Bachelor of Arts degree and communicate with students, academic advisors, and department chairs regarding any deficiencies noted during the auditing of student records.
- Enter student approved transfer work, including credits from Advanced Placement exams, International Baccalaureate exams, etc. Record course equivalencies and degree requirements satisfied by transfer courses.
- Oversee all office communications and publications.
- Hire and prioritize projects for office student workers.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- A minimum of 2-3 years in a registrar’s office or other administrative office experience in an academic institution expected.
- Good customer service skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Must be accurate and detail oriented.
- Ability to work both collaboratively as well as independently on projects.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office software helpful.
- Knowledge of Ellucian’s Banner desirable.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of work-related information and materials.
Please submit a resume and cover letter explaining how your qualifications meet the requirements of the position to email@example.com.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with Criminal Histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.