Service Desk Technician - Temporary
University Information Systems (UIS) provides technical services and enterprise applications to the University of Colorado campuses and the Office of the President. UIS is committed to excellence in customer service and technical expertise. Through the development of enterprise applications, UIS supports the University as a whole with systems used by students, faculty, human resources employees, finance employees, and others.
The University Information Systems department is seeking applications for a full-time temporary Service Desk Technician from September 25, 2017 through November 30, 2017. This position is not benefits-eligible. The Service Desk Technician is the first line of client communication and provides first level customer support including basic computer troubleshooting and repair, network/internet connectivity, email, software applications, and incident triage. This position is customer-focused, requiring exceptional customer service skills. The position is responsible for ensuring the highest level of service delivery for the departments supported by the UIS Service Desk. The ideal candidate will have a thirst for knowledge and an ability to quickly diagnose user issues and follow them through to resolution.
This position is 50% technical and 50% customer service.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide the highest level of customer service in all interactions
- Answer support calls and emails as requested
- Create accurate and properly formatted tickets for all work that is performed
- Provides updates, status, and completion information to manager, and/or customers, via telephone, email, or in-person communication
- Frequently update tickets to make sure the most current information is documented
- Perform basic computer hardware and software installations, configurations, and virus removals
- Recognize and refer escalated matters to appropriate Tier 2/3 staff
- Create and maintain documentation for internal tasks and procedures
- Maintain a customer-centric environment
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
To be successful in this position a candidate will need the following:
- Ability to analyze and troubleshoot computer systems, software, and peripherals Excellent interpersonal, communication and analytical skills Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team Personally accountable Ability to communicate well and comprehend English Ability to maintain and exercise patience and professionalism during stressful situations Ability to handle change Ability to participate in on-call rotation and occasional after hours support
Who we are:
System Administration, which also houses the Office of the President, is located in the uptown neighborhood of Denver with an office in Broomfield and a few smaller offices located on the campuses. However, this position is located in Denver. Many of our departments support the educational and research missions of the four University of Colorado campuses. We provide diverse opportunities for professional development, innovation, and collaboration with talented staff and faculty.
The University of Colorado is committed to recruiting and supporting diversity and equality in education and employment. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans.
The salary range for this position is $19/hour.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution or equivalent work experience can be substituted
- 2 years' experience in the following:
- Experience in computer hardware and software installation and troubleshooting A+ Certification ITIL Foundation Experience with Office 365 Experience providing support to executive level customers
- Working in an IT helpdesk Supporting Windows, PC, Mac and mobile devices Remote desktop support software ITSM Ticketing tool SCCM, Casper
Special Instructions to Applicants:For full consideration, completed applications must be received by Thursday, September 28, 2017. Those who do not apply by September 28, 2017 may or may not be considered. Reference checking is a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including email addresses, for up to five references as part of the search process for this position. *Please note: All application materials must be submitted through CU Careers; emailed materials will not be considered.*
The University of Colorado is committed to providing a safe and productive learning and living community. To achieve that goal, we conduct background investigations for all final applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include a criminal history record check, and when appropriate, a financial and/or motor vehicle history. The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires a verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:You must attach a cover letter, resume, and list of references to your application as three separate documents. Please ensure you check the "Job Specific Attachments" box next the each document on the "Required Documents" page of the application for the appropriate documents to be attached. For full consideration, please apply by September 28, 2017.
Job Category: Professional Support Services
Primary Location: Denver
Department: S0001 -- System Administration - 50119 - University Information Systems
Posting Date: Sep 15, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Lauren Morain
Posting Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Number: 00604917