IT Specialist IV
IT Specialist IV
IT Specialist IV
Administrative IT Services - 150100
Is this an internal posting only?
Monday - Friday 8 am - 5 pm; weekend/holiday on-call
Administrative Information Technology Services' unique role in accomplishing the University's mission is to provide the primary university-wide, shared resources of computing hardware, software, data and voice communications, and professional personnel on campus.
The Administrative Information Technology Services department is called upon to provide computing and electronic communications resources when it can do so more effectively or more efficiently than separate units.
The Administrative IT Services Department at the University of North Texas is seeking to hire an IT Specialist IV to join our team. Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
* Workstation support and user support in the Union department and involvement during emergencies with all areas of AITS.
* Manage service tickets.
* Primary and Secondary management of servers and software as needed.
* Windows OS, Linux OS and Apple OS.
* End-user support and training.
* Equipment inventory.
* On-call responsibilities.
* Monitor and respond to malware incidents.
* Surveillance, access control and environmental control systems support.
* Support of digital signage.
* Support for Union events and Event Management System.
* Support of Union supported retail functions.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
The successful candidate will possess a Bachelor's Degree in related field and three years of related computing work experience; or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
The following knowledge, skills, and abilities are required:
* Prior experience with specific systems, equipment and software may be specified as needed by department.
* Knowledge of principles of computing and communications networks, and characteristics of computing hardware and software used in distributed environment.
* Ability to operate computer keyboards and to install computer hardware.
* Ability to assimilate, retain and utilize technical and applications-oriented information.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
* Bachelor's Degree in Business Computer Information Systems or MIS or Computer Science or Computer Engineering.
* Previous experience and/or knowledge of Server, network management, experience managing/configuring access control, video surveillance and environmental control systems, experience with DEA's EMS system.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a cover letter, resume and a list of three professional references with their online application.
Is this a security sensitive position?
Driving a University Vehicle?
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Quicklink for Posting