Data Analyst III
Data Analyst III
Data Analyst III
Inst Rsrch & Effectiveness - 110110
Is this an internal posting only?
The University of North Texas in Denton, Texas (north of Dallas) is seeking exceptional candidates to join us in our journey toward an enterprise-wide data and analytics program. This opportunity is housed within the Data, Analytics, and Institutional Research (DAIR) unit which consists of 15+ professional staff charged with identifying creative data, analytics, and research solutions to strategic issues in university management.
The Data, Analytics, and Institutional Research (DAIR) department at the University of North Texas is seeking to hire a Data Analyst III to join our team.
The successful candidate will work collaboratively with DAIR leadership and team members, and internal and external stakeholders to support data management, knowledge transfer and benchmarking initiatives. The primary function will be to assist with documentation of data resources and key institutional processes. The successful candidate will provide direct support to campus and external constituents for peer benchmarking using resources at both the State and Federal level and will be responsible for managing relationships with data providers and data consumers via an electronic data portal. The position will also be tasked with monitoring security roles and permissions of individuals who are provided access to the Insights Program and present regular audits to the Director. The position will report to the Director of Data Management, Training, and Benchmarking.
Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
* Work as a liaison between internal and external functional and technical subject matter experts (SMEs) to enhance documentation of data resources and processes.
* Assist with documentation of Insights Program data resources in SAS Business Data Network.
* Work with DAIR team members to provide documentation for Insights Dashboards in SAS Visual Analytics.
* Initiate, monitor, and communicate the results of data quality jobs designed to improve university data resources.
TECHNOLOGY KNOWLEDGE TRANSFER:
* Assist users in adoption of new technology including SAS Business Data Network, SAS Visual Analytics, and SAS Visual Statistics
* Leverage Information Technology resources to continue implementation and adoption of data governance and data management methods.
* Partner with DAIR and ITSS colleagues to ensure knowledge transfer activities and Insights Program data security protocols are in alignment per policy.
PEER BENCHMARKING ANALYTICS:
* Source and manage ingestion/documentation of external benchmarking data of strategic value to the institution including but not limited to management of IPEDS, National Student Clearinghouse and THECB.
* Develop competency and expertise on external benchmarking data to meet strategic business requests from DAIR and institutional stakeholders.
* Update existing institutional datasets hosted on the data spot via SAS programming, analytic dashboards, and institutional data-mining and create new institutional datasets hosted o the data spot via SAS programming and institutional data-mining.
* Serve as the main point of contact for data spot initial inquiries and track analytics of usage and efficiently elevate ad-hoc requests that fall outside of the normal data funnel managed by unit.
* Manage SharePoint trainings, permissions, and role creation in myls.unt.edu to provide access to the tool.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
Master's Degree in related field and two years of data analysis work experience. Substitution of education for experience allowed. The following knowledge, skills, and abilities are required:
* Strong mathematical and technical ability
* Strong analytical skills
* Intermediate to advanced knowledge of statistical packages and relational database design and logic
* Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office including Access and Excel
* Proficiency in specific software and programming languages may be required
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
* Working knowledge of both the THECB 60x30xTX System, the National Student Clearinghouse, and the NCES IPEDS data system.
* Experience in higher education and/or institutional research settings is advantageous.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume with their online application.
Is this a security sensitive position?
Driving a University Vehicle?
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Salary Commensurate with experience
Quicklink for Posting