Director II (9022)
Business-Dean's Off - 131100
Is this an internal posting only?
Monday - Friday 8 am - 5 pm
The College of Business at the University of North Texas has been a leading provider of business education for more than 70 years. With more than 5700 students, the College is among an elite group of less than 5 percent of business schools worldwide that are accredited at both the undergraduate and graduate levels by the AACSB International?The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business. It is among a select 1 percent of business schools worldwide that have additional specialized AACSB accreditation for their accountancy programs.
The Murphy Center for Entrepreneurship and Innovation (MCEI) at the University of North Texas leads the UNT campus and surrounding North Texas region in motivating and facilitating entrepreneurship and innovation. The Murphy Center is housed within the College of Business, and has a strong relationship with the UNT Office of Research and Innovation. The Center combines education, outreach, events, and informational resources to guide entrepreneurs from concept to marketplace.
The Business-Dean's Office at the University of North Texas is seeking to hire a Director II for the Murphy Center for Entrepreneurship and Innovation to join our team. Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
* Lead, train, and mentor students to become successful future entrepreneurs.
* Develop a vision for a Center that will be a leader in bringing new ideas through successful funding and development to the market.
* Provide management oversight to ensure that MCEI programs are effectively implemented and evaluated.
* Lead and support new entrepreneurial ventures and entrepreneurs in new and existing enterprises across campus for students and faculty, as well as the region.
* Assist in identifying and developing entrepreneurial potential of UNT intellectual property through collaboration efforts with the Office of the Vice President for Research and Innovation for commercialization, fund-raising, and intellectual property protection.
* Seek funding and raise revenue for the Center's initiatives from business constituents, granting agencies and other organizations.
* Demonstrate the ability to work across disciplines and collaborate with other colleges on the UNT campus to secure.
* Provide high quality consulting to students, existing entrepreneurs, business owners, and academic units interested in developing entrepreneurial initiatives.
* Serve as an advocate for business development, expansion, and entrepreneurial start-ups in the North Texas area, thereby becoming a visible leader in the regional business community.
* Expand and work closely with an advisory board made up of successful entrepreneurs, business leaders and venture capitalists.
* Design and lead student and business competition, including the New Venture Competition for students.
* Advise academic units on the UNT campus in development of entrepreneurial initiatives both on campus and in the North Texas community.
* Explore local, state and national grant opportunities and serve as a resource to all colleges and departments on campus interested in entrepreneurial components to grant applications.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
The successful candidate will possess a Bachelor's Degree in related field and seven years of closely related professional experience.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
* Graduate degree in a field supporting professional experience.
* An in-depth knowledge of business processes, especially as it applies to growth and long-term planning.
* Knowledge of starting and running a business.
* Ability to raise funds and connect with the investments community.
* Knowledge of human resources and applicable laws.
* Strong ability to work independently.
* Marketing and promotional skills.
* Understanding of public policy.
* Basic understanding of and experience in economic development.
* Financial/accounting skills to manage a budget.
* Effective leadership and organizational skills.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills.
* Ability to work with a wide variety of business industries.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume and a cover letter with their online application.
Is this a security sensitive position?
Driving a University Vehicle?
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Salary Commensurate with Experience
Quicklink for Posting